COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, September 01, 2015
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Chief Assistant County Executive Officer
Jim Holmes, District 3 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chairman Sharlet Pyne, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145. Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at the videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: The alternate location is being offered as a courtesy for this Board meeting and may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Montgomery
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Board Clerk.
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve and present a Commendation honoring Ed Zimmerman for thirty-three years of service in Placer County as a Volunteer Firefighter.
2. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a Proclamation to demonstrate continued support and commitment to mental health, alcohol and drug treatment, and recovery by proclaiming September 2015 as Recovery Month in Placer County.
3. COUNTY EXECUTIVE
1. Consider the appeal on a future hearing date, or refer the dispute to a third party hearing process.
2. If referred to third party hearing process, determine whether a.) the Board is delegating its final decision making authority on the appeal to the hearing officer; or b.) the hearing officer’s decision will be a recommendation to the Board, with the Board issuing the final decision.
4. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve minutes of July 20 & 21, 2015. Supervisor Weygandt absent.
5. COUNTY CLERK–RECORDER–REGISTRAR OF VOTERS / ELECTIONS
1. Authorize the Clerk-Recorder-Registrar of Voters to commence negotiations with Locksley Lane LLC, a California Limited Liability Company on their submitted proposal received for the Clerk-Recorder- Registrar of Voters Satellite Warehouse and Training Facility Solicitation.
6. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Approve the award and contract execution of competitive Bid No. 10482 to Delta Construction of Sacramento, CA for the 2015 Tahoe Hot Mix Asphalt Overlay Project in the amount of $1,528,000 for FY 2015-16.
2. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute contract change orders up to 10 percent of the contract amount. Funding is included in the FY 2015/16 Proposed Budget - Road Fund $1,000,000 and General fund $680,000.
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration with the required findings and mitigations, adopting the mitigation monitoring plan, and selecting Alternative 3 as the preferred alternative for the Placer Parkway Phase I Improvement Project.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(4) of Government Code §54956.9:
One potential case
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
8. ORDINANCE – Second Reading:
1. Adopt an Ordinance to increase the Psychiatric on-call coverage stipend paid to Children’s System of Care physicians, effective July 01, 2015. Increase the current rate of $300 per week to $450 per week changing the total yearly employee compensation for on call/after-hours coverage from $15,000 to $23,400.
1. Authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign letters to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) requesting they take the lead in facilitating necessary permits, regulatory coverage and supervision of local volunteer groups to implement a temporary salmon transfer project during the fall of 2015.
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the FY 2015-16 property tax rates for voter-approved indebtedness, pursuant to Government Code Sections 29100 and 29106.
11. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the reappointment of Lee Buckingham to Seat #3 (representing District 3).
1. Approve the appointment of Steve Nichols to Seat #2 (representing District 3).
12. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY
1. Adopt a Resolution ratifying the North Tahoe Fire Protection District’s Ordinance No. 02-2015 amending the 2013 California Fire Code.
13. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / ADMINISTRATION
1. Marie M. Osborne, Assistant Client Services Program Director for ASOC from Grade 454 Step 4 at $56.06 per hour to Grade 454 Step 5 at $58.87 per hour, effective September 05, 2015.
2. Margaret Peggy A Zarriello, Assistant Client Services Program Director for HHS Environmental Health from Grade 454 Step 4 at $56.06 per hour to Grade 454 Step 5 at $58.87 per hour, effective September 05, 2015.
3. Richard Malek, Physician from Grade U60 Step 3 at $80.29 per hour to Grade U60 Step 4 at $84.31 per hour, effective June 27, 2015.
4. Jennifer A Merchant, Deputy CEO from Grade 474 Step 2 at $62.06 per hour to Grade 474 Step 3 at $65.17 per hour, effective September 05, 2015.
14. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / OFFICE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing designated staff to execute all actions necessary to administer, obtain and manage funds in the 2015 Homeland Security Grant Program.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing designated staff to execute all actions necessary to obtain funds in the 2015 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG).
15. FACILITY SERVICES
1. Approve a contract with MFDB Architects, Inc. for consultant architectural and engineering services in the amount of $124,000. Funding is included in the FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget - Capital Projects Fund.
1. Award a contract to Linoleum Sales Co., Inc., dba Anderson Carpet, for carpet and flooring replacement in the Finance Administration Building, in the amount of $241,630. Funding is included in the FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget - Capital Projects Fund. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute the contract, and change orders consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and section 20142 of the Public Contract Code.
1. Adopt a Resolution of Intention to set the time and date to hold a Public Hearing to consider the annexation of the Johnson property located on Hammond Drive, in North Auburn (APN 054-190-006-000), into the boundaries of Sewer Maintenance District 1 to provide sewer service.
1. Approve the Second Amendment to the Solid Waste Handling Services Agreement with Placer County Eastern Regional Sanitary Landfill, Inc. and Tahoe Truckee Disposal, Inc. to replace the mixed waste incline belt at the Eastern Regional Material Recovery Facility in the amount not to exceed $115,000. Funding is provided by the Eastern Regional Landfill budget.
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to submit an objection to the tax defaulted land sale of the Hofman Ranch parcel described as APN 020-162-023, located at 3505 Gladding Road in Lincoln, CA and approve purchase of property for public use.
16. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve the appointment of Jeff Cowen, Consumer Member, District 3, Seat 4, to the Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board (MHADB).
1. Introduce an Ordinance to amend Placer County Code Chapter 15, Article 15.56 pertaining to dangerous buildings.
2. Find said ordinance exempt from CEQA Review pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3).
1. Approve a non-monetary agreement with the Blue Cross of California Partnership Plan, Inc. (Anthem) for coordination of Medi-Cal benefits to eligible persons, for the period of May 01, 2014 to an indefinite date and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the contract and amendments consistent with the subject matter and scope of work.
1. Approve a contract with the County of Sacramento for Epidemiology Services not to exceed $85,172 for the period of July 01, 2015 to June 30, 2018 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the contract and subsequent amendments up to 10 percent of the contract amount, consistent with the subject matter and scope of work. Funding is provided by Federal and State Preparedness funds.
1. Approve the job specification for the unclassified Placer County Conservation Plan Program Administrator, and introduce an ordinance, waive the first reading, amending the un-codified Allocations of Positions to Departments Ordinance and the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Salary Grades for Classified and Unclassified Services Ordinance regarding the Placer County Conservation Plan Program Administrator.
1. Introduce an Ordinance, waive the first reading, amending the un-codified Allocations of Positions to Departments Ordinance and the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Salary Grades for Classified and Unclassified Services Ordinance regarding the Animal Control Manager.
1. Approve a professional services agreement with the Law Office of Liebert Cassidy Whitmore (LCW) for participation in the Gold Country Employment Relations Consortium, in the amount of $5,230.00, for the period July 01, 2015 through June 30, 2016. Funding is included in the Personnel Department FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
1. Receive the Civil Service Commission’s Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2014-15
1. Authorize the County Executive Officer to sign a contract with the Law Office of William Wright for legal services in support of the Civil Service Commission, in an amount not to exceed a budgeted net county cost of $35,000, for the period of FY 2015-2016.
18. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10473 to Exhibit One Corporation of Phoenix, AZ for furnishing and installing a complete video distribution and control system upgrade, in the contract award amount of $62,762. Funding is provided by charges to County Departments through the Countywide Systems Fund.
2. Approve a Budget Revision in the Countywide Systems FY 2015-16 appropriations to increase the Fixed Asset Equipment budget by $62,762 and approve the addition of the video distribution and control system upgrade to the Master Fixed Asset List.
1. Approve Blanket Purchase Order change order with Inland Business Systems, Inc. of Sacramento, CA for a thirty-six month digital production color copier lease, in the amount of $6,000 extending the time period from August 09, 2015 to September 30, 2015, and increasing the total to $145,150. Funding is included in the Administrative Services Department FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
2. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10475, to Inland Business Machines, Inc. of Sacramento, CA for a thirty-six month operating lease of one digital production color copier/printer, in the maximum amount of $137,000 for the period of September 01, 2015 to August 31, 2018. Funding is included in the Administrative Services Department FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10477 to Armstrong Painting Inc., for annual painting services, in the maximum amount of $200,000, for the period of September 01, 2015 to August 30, 2016. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
2. Approve the option to renew the resulting blanket purchase order for two additional one-year periods with a renewal amount not to exceed 10 percent in aggregate of the original award amount of $200,000.
1. Approve Blanket Purchase Order renewals with Andregg Geomatics of Auburn, CA, KB Foster Civil Engineering, Inc. of Carnelian Bay, CA, Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. of Reno, NV, and Wood Rodgers, Inc. of Sacramento, CA for on-call surveying services for various public works and capital improvement projects in eastern Placer County in the maximum aggregate amount of $200,000, for the period of November 01, 2015 to February 29, 2016. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
1. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10479 to LDV Inc. of Burlington, WI for the purchase of one new, current model year bookmobile in the total amount of $221,044. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities Fleet Services budget.
1. Approve the award of a negotiated purchase order to Creative Bus Sales of Chino, CA for the purchase of four new cutaway transit buses in the total amount of $257,021. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
1. Approve the award of a negotiated purchase order to Wondries Fleet Group of Alhambra, CA for the purchase of one new service truck with boom in the amount of $160,111. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
1. Approve the award of a negotiated purchase order to Global Environmental Products of San Bernardino, CA for the purchase of one new street sweeper in the amount of $261,318. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
1. Authorize rejection of all bids received for the Access Control System Conversion Project under Bid No. 10455.
2. Approve the award of competitive Bid No. 10476 to Bi-JaMar, Inc. dba Quality Sound of Stockton, CA for the Access Control System Conversion Project Rebid in the amount of $71,998. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget.
1. Approve the award of Request for Proposal No. 10456 to Smith Group JJR, of San Francisco CA for a Crime Lab/Coroners Operations Feasibility Study, in the amount not to exceed $250,000, with no new net County costs, originally approved by your Board in FY 2014-15, and will be re-budgeted in the FY 2015-16 Criminal Justice CEO Final Budget.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute the resulting documents upon County Counsel and Risk Management review.
19. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Adopt a Resolution to abandon an Access Easement due to rerouting of access to a parcel of land now owned and operated by the Northstar Community Services District.
1. Adopt a Resolution to abandon a portion of a Storm Drain Easement on Lot 198 in Alpine Meadows Estates Subdivision, Unit No. 6, in exchange for the dedication of a relocated Drainage Easement.
1. Adopt a Resolution increasing the Lake Forest Water Quality Improvement Project Panorama Contract No. 1101 contingency in the amount of $85,000.
2. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to approve contract change orders in the same amount to support additional project work.
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve submittal of Proposition 1 Grant Program applications to the California Tahoe Conservancy in accordance with the Grant Program guidelines.
2. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute finalized agreements necessary for the implementation of Program-funded projects.
20. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to Feed the Hungry of Auburn Program to help provide meals to people in the community, as requested by Supervisor Holmes ($1,000).
1. Approve appropriation of $1,500 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Bill Santucci Memorial Scholarship Fund, as requested by Supervisor Uhler ($1,500).
21. VETERANS SERVICES
1. Authorize the Veteran Services Officer to accept the Mental Health Outreach Services grant, in the amount of $20,000.00 from California Department of Veteran Services for outreach to underserved veteran populations for the period of October 01, 2015 to June 20, 2016.
* * * End of Consent Agenda * * *
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
23. Treasurer-Tax Collector
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2015 MEETING SCHEDULE:
September 15, 2015
October 06, 2015
October 19 & 20, 2015 (Tahoe)
November 03, 2015
November 17, 2015
December 08, 2015
Unless otherwise addressed by the Board’s action, or required by Resolution, all contracts, agreements, or memorandum of understandings approved by the Board will be executed by the Chair. All contracts, agreements, and memorandum of understandings must be approved to form, where applicable, by County Counsel, Risk Management, and/or Personnel prior to execution by the Chair or delegated authority.
PROCUREMENT PURCHASING POLICY
In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Unless otherwise addressed by the Board’s action, approval of Procurement items will authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting contracts. The County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code, in most situations, authorizes the Purchasing Manager to sign purchase orders, blanket purchase orders, contracts and subsequent change orders, options, or renewals up to 10 percent of an aggregate total contract cost, or $50,000, whichever is less.