COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, February 09, 2016
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman Holly Heinzen, Chief Assistant CEO
Jim Holmes, District 3 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Sharlet Pyne, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Vice Chair
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any person interested in viewing or addressing the Board during the Board meeting by interactive video may do so at the Placer County Administrative Offices - Tahoe City, 775 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Holmes
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Board Clerk.
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve and present a Commendation recognizing George Alves for a lifetime of faithful, honorable, and dedicated service to the nation and to the Placer County community.
2. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider public testimony;
2. Adopt a Resolution to annex the HBT of Riolo Vineyards, LLC property, located on PFE Road in Roseville (APN 023-221-006-000), into the boundaries of County Service Area 28, Zone of Benefit 173 – Dry Creek to provide sewer service.
3. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Conduct a Public Hearing pursuant to Public Resources Code Section §5780 et. seq.;
2. Adopt a Resolution of Application to the Placer County Local Agency Formation Commission to form a new Recreation and Park District to serve the Placer Vineyards Specific Plan Area.
4. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Presentation of the 2015 County Employee Service Awards representing 1,415 years of service to the County.
5. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
1. Receive a report on the workgroups that the Homeless Resource Council of the Sierras and the Health and Human Services Department have facilitated to build implementation plans related to Marbut Consulting’s recommendations to the Board in April 2015.
2. Provide staff with direction regarding a procurement process for potential acquisition of a site for a possible permanent homeless shelter in the Auburn area. No site has yet been identified.
3. Provide staff with direction regarding the release of a Request for Proposals for potential operation of a temporary emergency homeless shelter through March 2017 at the Placer County Government Center, Building 303.
6. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES / PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION
1. Accept the Placer County Health Officer’s “Placer County Health Update”.
1. Introduction of an Ordinance adding Article 8.30 to the Placer County Code to establish the Placer County Retail Food Facility Placard Program and waive oral reading.
7. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities , or designee to execute the Common Area Agreement with the Judicial Council of California (JCC) to govern the operation, management, maintenance, repair, use and shared costs associated with the Bill Santucci Justice Center campus. County funding for the County’s share of costs is available in the Building Maintenance Division FY 2015-16 Final Budget ($118,000) and the General Fund Contribution to Public Safety appropriation 21700 ($42,000).
2. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Chair to execute the Equity Exchange Agreement with the JCC and delegating authority to the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute all associated exchange closing documents, and to take all actions necessary to transfer all equity interest and rights currently vested in the JCC from the Placer County Main Jail in Auburn to the Arraignment Court Facility at the Bill Santucci Justice Center and contribute $900,000 towards interior improvements for the South Placer Arraignment Court. Funding is available from the Capital Projects Fund.
1. Approve the award of a five-year lease agreement with Hewlett Packard Financial Services of Murray Hill, NJ for the acquisition of ninety-four Mobile Data Computers (MDC) for the Sheriff’s Patrol Division in the amount of $91,720 annually for a total not-to-exceed amount of $458,691, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign all related documents.
9. COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICE / ADMINISTRATION
1. Introduction of an Ordinance repealing Placer County Code Article 9.08 Offenses Against Public Peace and Decency and replacing with a new article 9.08 Offenses Against Public Peace and Decency and waive the oral reading.
10. COUNTY COUNSEL/ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION: Pursuant to the cited authority (all references are to the Government Code), the Board of Supervisors will hold a closed session to discuss the following listed items. A report of any action taken will be presented prior to adjournment.
(A) §54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(a) Karin Bjork v. County of Placer, et al.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District Case No. 2:14-cv-01983 MCE-EFB
(B) §54957.6 – CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: David Boesch, Lori Walsh, Nicole Lopez, Donna Williamson, Gerald O. Carden
Employee organization: DSA
11. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Approve a Budget Revision and amend the Fiscal Year 2015-16 Master Fixed Asset List to add additional Toshiba multifunction copiers to the Administrative Services Department’s Central Services Division Master Fixed Asset List in the aggregate amount of $80,000 resulting in a new fixed asset amount of $123,011 funded by the Central Services Division’s Contingency Reserve with no new net County cost.
2. Authorize an increase to an existing contract for the acquisition and maintenance of 10 multifunction copier devices with Toshiba Business Solutions, Inc. of Sacramento, CA, in the amount of $80,000 increasing the total to $2,489,522.
1. Approve a blanket purchase order renewal with AT&T/SBC DataComm of San Ramon, CA for wide area network and video conferencing products and professional services, using competitively awarded public agency contracts, in the maximum amount of $100,000 for the period of February 09, 2016 to March 31, 2017. Funding is provided by Administrative Services in the FY 2015-16 Final Budget and FY 2016-17 Requested Budget with no new net County cost.
2. Approve an option to renew the resulting blanket purchase order on a year-to-year basis for up to two renewal terms with a renewal amount not to exceed 10 percent in aggregate of the original award amount.
1. Authorize the award of a Purchase Order to VoicePlus, Inc. of Reno, NV for all hardware, software and related professional services to upgrade the County’s voicemail system in the amount of $165,000. Funding is provided by the Administrative Services Department’s Telecommunication Division’s FY 2015-16 Final Budget with no new net county cost.
1. Approve Plans and Specifications and authorize staff to solicit bids for Asbestos & Lead Paint Abatement Services.
2. Authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute the resulting award, to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, by issuing an annual Blanket Purchase Order in a not-to-exceed amount of $150,000 for the period of April 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017. Funding is provided by the Department of Public Works and Facilities in the FY 2015-16 Final Budget and FY 2016-17 Requested Budget.
3. Approve an option to renew the purchase order on a year-to-year basis for up to two renewal terms provided the renewal amount does not exceed 10 percent in aggregate of the original award amount.
12. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve Minutes of January 05, 2016.
13. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY
a. 16-004, Cruz, Daniel, $620.00, (Property Damage)
b. 16-005, Donofrio, Michael, $200.00, (Property Damage)
14. CLERK RECORDER / ELECTIONS
1. Adopt a Resolution calling a May 03, 2016 All Mail Ballot Special District Election as requested by the School Facilities Improvement District No. 1 and No. 2 of the Western Placer Unified School District, authorizing the County Clerk to render reimbursed election services for the District.
15. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the reappointment of Stewart Perry to Seat #5 (Representing Ag Processing Industry).
1. Approve the appointment of Doyle Radford to Seat #1 (Representing District 1), to fill unexpired term ending December 31, 2018.
1. Approve the reappointments of Noe Fierros to Seat #2, Richard Glaser to Seat #5 and Terry Dee Webb to Seat #6.
1. Approve the reappointments of Rick Hartmann to Seat #1 (Representing Thermalands PCF/Station 74), Jim Houck to Seat # 2 (Representing Sheridan PCF/Station 78), Warren Bostick to Seat #3 (Representing Paige PCF/Station 75), Edward Zimmerman to Seat # 4 (Representing Fowler PCF/ Station 73), and Justin Wages to Seat #5 (Representing Placer Land Trust).
1. Approve the reappointment of Sue Busby to a one year term expiring January 31, 2017.
1. Approve the appointment of Gregory Fayard to Seat #1 (Representing District 1).
1. Approve the reappointment of Karen Calvert to Seat #5 (Representing Secret Town – Emigrant Gap), and the appointment of Mark D’Ambrogi to Seat #1 (Representing Greater Colfax Area), Alex Harvey to Seat #3 (Representing Placer Hills Fire District), and Don Belden to Seat #6 (Representing Secret Town – Emigrant Gap).
1. Approve the reappointment of Norman Fratis to Seat #1.
16. COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICE
1. Approve a Proclamation designating February 2016 as Grand Jury Awareness Month in Placer County.
1. Adopt two un-codified Ordinances, introduced January 26, 2016, to adjust salaries for elected and appointed department heads and management employees, effective the first full pay period after adoption or on the date indicated in the Ordinances.
17. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
1. Approve a contract with Robinson and Cole, LLP from December 17, 2015 through June 30, 2017 in an amount not to exceed $40,000 ($10,400 net County cost) to provide legal services regarding health information privacy and security, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the contract and subsequent amendments not to exceed 10 percent of the total contract amount, consistent with the contract’s subject matter and scope of work.
2. Authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to terminate existing contract with Nixon Peabody, LLC concerning HIPAA consulting services.
1. Approve the reappointment of Tim Cooper, who represents District 5, to Seat #10 on the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Public Authority (PA) Advisory Committee, representing an IHSS service recipient.
1. Adopt a resolution pursuant to Placer County Code Section 2.116.110 containing the current fee schedule including the annual Consumer Price Index (CPI) adjustment of an increase of 1.5 percent for services provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Health and Human Services Department.
1. Authorize the purchase of the Metasys Server in an amount not to exceed $16,000.
2. Request a budget revision for FY 2015-16 to authorize the use of approved Bioterrorism funds from FY 2015-16 for the purchase Health & Human Services equipment.
3. Authorize adding the Metasys Server to the Master Fixed Asset List.
18. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Adopt an Ordinance, introduced January 05, 2016, amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance related to the creation of the Supervising Accountant Auditor.
1. Introduce an Ordinance amending the un-codified Schedule of Classifications and Compensation Ordinance, implementing the required salaries for the classifications covered by Measure F, and other law enforcement classifications, and confirming Board member salaries under Section 207 of the County Charter, to be effective February 6, 2016, waive oral reading.
19. PUBLIC WORKS & FACILITIES
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve Amendment No. 2 for Professional Services Agreement (PSA) No. 1095, with Dokken Engineering for the Kings Beach Commercial Core – Gateway to the Core Improvement Project to increase the current contract by $300,000 for a total amount of $5,483,964; and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to sign and execute subsequent contract amendments up to $15,000.
1. Adopt a Resolution of Intention to set the time and date to hold a Public Hearing to consider annexation of the Morris property, located at 1791 Vineyard Road in Roseville (APN 473-030-013-000), into the boundaries of County Service Area 28, Zone 173 – Dry Creek to provide sewer service.
1. Approve an Agreement with Stearns, Conrad and Schmidt Consulting Engineers, Inc., dba SCS Field Services for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas systems at the Meadow Vista, Loomis and Eastern Regional Landfills in the amount of $143,725.
1. Adopt a Resolution directing the preparation of the Engineer’s Report for FY 2016-17 for the Granite Bay Parks, Trails and Open Space Assessment District.
1. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to execute the Agreement for Purchase and Sale for the acquisition of approximately 39.7 acres described as APNs 026-072-084 and -085, located west of Hidden Falls Regional Park and adjacent to Garden Bar Road in Auburn from Ronald J. Spears and Colleen A. Leahy for $375,000.
2. Approve a Budget Revision to transfer $375,000 from the Tree Mitigation Fund to the Open Space Fund.
3. Authorize the real property to be added to the Master Fixed Asset list following acquisition.
20. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $3,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Community Foundation/City of Lincoln for its Streetscape Project as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($3,000) to support art in the public places in the community of Lincoln for all to enjoy.
1. Approve appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to Placer Sheriff’s Activities League (PALS) for investing time and resources into the local youth of this community as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250), Supervisor Holmes ($500), and Supervisor Uhler ($250), so that all new sport equipment, school supplies, laptops for homework, and craft supplies to be used at their new location site.
1. Approve appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to Rocklin Area Chamber of Commerce for their Business Excellence Awards ceremony as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($250) and Supervisor Holmes ($250). The funds will be used to pay for custom trophies purchased from the local community.
1. Approve appropriation of $1,250 in Revenue Sharing monies to Rocklin Area Chamber of Commerce for their Chairman’s Circle as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($625) and Supervisor Holmes ($625) to promote event activities using social media exposure and various forms of membership recognition.
21. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
1. Adopt a Resolution renewing the delegation of authority to invest certain funds under the control of the Board of Supervisors to the Treasurer for the 2016 calendar year.
* * * End of Consent Agenda * * *
23. HUMAN RESOURCES
24. TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE:
February 23, 2016
March 08, 2016
March 22, 2016
April 05, 2016
April 18, 2016 – Tahoe
April 19, 2016 – Tahoe
May 03, 2016
May 17, 2016
June 07, 2016
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Any document submitted for consideration shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603 no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting. Any documentation submitted at any noticed videoconferencing site will become part of the official record, but will not be disseminated to the Board prior to the Board’s action. NOTE: An alternate location may be offered as a courtesy for a Board meeting but may be closed due to inclement weather or may not be available if technology fails. If the site is closed due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted by 9:00 a.m. the day of the Board meeting.
Agendas are available online at Placer County’s website www.placer.ca.gov