When dealing with the aftermath of a destructive fire there are many precautions citizens should take to protect themselves, their families, and their neighbors. Please review the following documents and take every step necessary to ensure the health and safety of those around you.
We strive to protect the health and safety of the community from hazards present in our everyday environment. Our homes, food, drinking water, garbage, sewage, dangerous chemicals, and pollution are just some of what we monitor on a daily basis. +more
Environmental Health inspects and monitors:
- Restaurants, public pools and spas, and body art facilities.
- Storage and disposal of hazardous materials and underground storage tanks, and participates in contaminated site clean up.
- Landfills and dumps and facilities which produce waste tires.
- Private water well and septic system installation.
- Public water suppliers to ensure safe, clean water.
We also respond to and investigate complaints submitted by the public for the following issues:
- Food Poisoning
- Sewage spills
- Chemical spillage
- Substandard housing
- Illegal Dumping
American Public Health Association: Environment • Health • You from Lila Films on Vimeo.