The Placer County Code Enforcement Division enforces regulations related to a variety of land use issues and provides assistance to other County departments as needed.
Weekend and after hours code enforcement hotline: 530-401-8229.
A code enforcement officer will be on call to respond to problems and complaints relating to events, beer and wine tastings, and public parties/gatherings. Learn more »
Code Violation Complaints
During Business Hours:
To report a code violation during business hours, complete, sign, and fax the Complaint Form to 530-745-3050.
Weekends and After Hours:
- Complaints generated by events, beer and wine tastings, or public parties:
- Contact weekend enforcement program hotline at 530-401-8229.
- Noise complaints from private parties, motorcycle tracks, loud occupant music, and similar issues:
- Contact Sheriff's Office at 530-886-5375.
Programs We Offer Include:
- Code Enforcement
- Private Property Vehicle Abatement
- Vehicle, Waste, Tires, Mobile Home Removal and Oil Recyclers Referral List
- Placer Dispute Resolution Service
- CAL FIRE Weed Abatement Program on Developed Parcels
- Placer County Mosquito Abatement Program
- Redevelopment Housing and Business Enhancement Programs
- Vacant, Neglected, and Dangerous Buildings
Lookup Permits and Land Information System
Services and Information
- Code Enforcement Ordinance
Ensure compliance with County Code, nuisance abatement, administer citations
- Zoning Ordinance
Uses allowed in each zoning district, building height, setbacks, coverage, design
- Specific Use Requirements
Abandoned vehicles, accessory storage, trailers as residences, home business, animal raising, fencing
- Building Code or Permit Violations
Illegal secondary dwellings, swimming pool enclosures, construction or change of occupancy without a permit
- Placer County Noise Ordinance
Preventing excessive and offensive noise in cooperation with the Placer County Sheriff Office
- Placer County Storm Water Quality Program
Enhance and protect the quality of waters by reducing pollutants in storm water discharges
- Grading and Erosion Prevention Ordinance
Grading, erosion, sediment control, water obstruction
3091 County Center Dr., Ste 160
Auburn, CA 95603
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
To work in partnership with the citizens of Placer County to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. We administer a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of County codes, including building, land use, grading and erosion control, and storm water requirements. We work with residents, neighborhood associations, public service agencies and other County departments to facilitate voluntary compliance with County laws and codes.