Assessment Appeals Information
Value Notices - July 2013
- The Placer County Assessor’s Office reviewed property values for the 2013-2014 assessment roll; to complete this review, our office analyzed real estate sales that occurred in the months surrounding the January 1, 2013 lien date. Upon completion of the review, the Assessor’s Office mails value notices to all property owners in July 2013. If you believe your assessed value is higher than the market value of your property as of January 1, 2013 you may contact our office for an informal review of the assessed value. A form requesting an informal review is available July
2 through December 31, 2013. There is no charge for this service.
Appealing your 2013-2014 Assessed Value
- Upon receiving your value notice in July 2013, if you still believe your 2013-2014 assessed value is more than the market value as of January 1, 2013, you may also file an appeal by obtaining a form (Application for Changed Assessment) and further information regarding your appeal rights from the Placer County Clerk of the Board. In addition, information regarding your appeal rights can be obtained from the Placer County Clerk of the Board. In addition, information regarding appealing a value based on a change in ownership or new construction can also be obtained from the Clerk of the Board. Your appeal rights are included on your value notice and property tax bill. The assessment appeal period for the 2013-2014 annual roll will be from July 2 through September 16, 2013 in Placer County.
Appealing your Supplemental Assessment
- The appeal filing period for a Supplemental Assessment, based on completion of new construction or a re-appraisable ownership change, is governed by separate statutes from the annual roll filing period. The supplemental assessment appeal filing period is open upon enrollment of the supplemental value and closes 60 days from the date of enrollment. A Notice of Supplemental Assessment is sent to the property owner to indicate the start of the filing period.
Should you miss the supplemental assessment filing period, you may still appeal the base year value of the property prospectively during the annual roll filing period for the subsequent three lien dates.
Placer County Assessment Appeals Board
175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
If you have further questions for the Assessor's Office
- Please telephone us at:
(530) 889-4300 or email us at the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information from the State Board of Equalization
- The State Board of Equalization has developed a video designed to provide information to taxpayers regarding the assessment appeal process. The video is a helpful overview. The link and the publication referenced in the video are found below.
Assessment Appeal Video
Publication 30 – Residential Property Assessment Appeals