Two Surveys Seeking to Serve You Better

Published on July 22, 2014

Garbage and Recycling Services Survey and Wildlife Survey

Placer County, CA - We invite you to take two surveys to better meet your recycling and disposal needs, and to better understand concerns regarding wildlife and garbage. The results will be shared in garbage bills, on our website, and at Municipal Advisory Council meetings.

The County has received periodic inquiries about expanding solid waste and recycling services. In response, we designed the Garbage and Recycling Services Survey to explore options for new or expanded programs. We would like your feedback on which services and improvements are most important to you.

We have also been contacted regarding wildlife and garbage interactions. In response to these inquiries we created the wildlife survey. Your responses to this survey will help us identify the keys issues, so that problems can be addressed.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please provide your feedback in one of the following ways

  • Online
  • Phone - by calling 530-889-6846. Be sure to speak with a staff member to accurately capture your responses.
  • Mail - Pick up a survey at the Material Recovery Facility

(MRF) Scale House at 900 Cabin Creek Road and return your response to: Placer County Facility Services, 11476 C Avenue, Auburn CA 95603

Placer County owns and operates the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF pronounced “Murf”) located on Cabin Creek Road between Truckee and Squaw Valley. In Placer County, garbage collected by Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal (TTSD) is taken to the MRF, where recyclables are separated from the garbage and kept out of the landfill. For more information on the surveys or other programs, please call 530-889-6846 or email.

Read the Press Release (PDF)