- Communications & Public Affairs
- News Releases
- Road work in Auburn
Road Work Heats up in North Auburn This Week
Published on June 28, 2016
North Auburn residents saw a flurry of road work begin last week, and work will continue for the next two weeks. The work is part of the biggest summer of road maintenance in Placer County in decades, and will include:
- Night paving on Dry Creek Road west of Highway 49 tonight and Tuesday night. On Wednesday night, work will move to Richardson Drive.
- Beginning Tuesday morning, road resurfacing will begin on Atwood Road, Mt. Vernon Road, Merry Knoll Road, and Park Drive, one of the main thoroughfares in the Auburn Greens neighborhood. Resurfacing work on Mt. Vernon and Atwood Roads is expected to be complete by Friday, July 1.
- In the Placer County Government Center in North Auburn, work on Atwood and Mt. Vernon roads, work will begin at 8:30 a.m on June 28. The paving contractor will stagger work throughout the day between the two roads minimize traffic impacts, but delays can be expected. Motorists are advised to use Bell Road to get to and from the government center.
- Beginning Wednesday night and continuing into Thursday morning, Richardson Drive from Atwood Road to Bell Road will be repaved. Cleanup and restriping will continue for several weeks after the repaving is complete.
- Work around the Auburn Greens and Auburn Faith Hospital will take place over four days (June 28 to 30 and July 5) during the next two weeks. Spreading the work days will lessen impacts on motorists, residents, patients, and their families.
- Collins Drive, the entrance to the Auburn Cemetery, will be closed from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 29.
- Work on Dry Creek Road, east of Highway 49, and some of its connecting roads will begin on Friday, July 1. Completion is expected by Thursday, July 7. Work will be phased between different portions of these roads to reduce traffic impacts; however, motorists should still expect delays.