Property Taxes Due Dates
- January 1 - Lien date, the date taxable value is established and property taxes become a lien on the property
- July 1 - Beginning of the County's fiscal year
- August 1- Unsecured bills due
- August 31 - Unsecured deadline. A 10% penalty is added as of 5 p.m. (See note)
- October - Treasurer-Tax Collector mails out original secured property tax bills
- November 1 - First installment is due (Secured Property Tax) and delinquent Unsecured accounts are charged additional penalties of 1½% until paid.
- December 10 - First installment payment deadline. A 10% penalty is added as of 5 p.m. (See note)
- February 1 - Second installment due (Secured Property Tax)
- April 10 - Second installment payment deadline. A 10% penalty plus $10 cost is added as of 5 p.m. (See note)
- May - Treasurer-Tax Collector mails delinquent notices for any unpaid, regular current taxes
- June 30 - End of fiscal year
- July 1 - Delinquent Secured accounts are transferred to delinquent tax roll and additional penalties added at 1 1/2% per month on any unpaid tax amounts, plus $15 redemption fee
If the delinquency date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the hour of delinquency is 5 on the next business day. If paid by mail, enclose entire bill and self-addressed stamped envelope if receipt is desired; otherwise, send stub(s) covered by payment. Assessment Parcel Numbers (APN) on which payment is being made should be shown on your check.
The postmark of the U.S. Postal Service determines the payment date. Checks returned by the bank for any reason will incur an additional fee; if returned after a penalty date, the penalty will also be assessed. If your tax bill is not available, please provide your APN number or an adequate legal description along with your payment.