Change of Address

A change of address can be e-filed by clicking e-file Change of Address for the  Assessor Department. They verify that the requester is either an owner or authorized agent, before a mailing address is changed.

Telephone requests for changes of mailing address are not accepted. Assessments are made to the owner of record as of lien date. Changes to the assessee name requires the recordation of the appropriate document with the Placer County Clerk Recorder.


Claims for exemptions are processed by the Assessor Department. The exemption may not apply to certain special taxes or assessments. If you no longer qualify for an exemption you previously claimed, you must notify the Assessor Department or you will be liable for a penalty fee. You may contact the Assessor Department at 530-889-4300.