Register Property for TOT Certificate

You must register and collect Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) within 30 days of:

  • Starting the business
  • When you begin advertising
  • When a unit becomes available for rent

You can register for a Transient Occupancy Tax certificate online or complete, print, and return the registration application (PDF) to:
Placer County Revenue Services Division
10810 Justice Center Drive
Suite 100
Roseville, CA 95678
Fax: 916-543-3910
Email Transient Occupancy Tax

Revenue Services will mail a certificate to you after your application is received and processed. You must post the certificate in a visible location in the rental unit at all times. If you own and rent more than one property in Placer County, you must submit a separate application form for each rental property.