Placer County’s Legislative Platform is a summary of the priorities of the Board of Supervisors and establishes the basis for its advocacy efforts with the Executive and Legislative branches of the U.S. Government and the State of California regarding legislation and regulation.
The annual Platform contains general principles, key issues, and specific proposals of interest for the legislative year. Implementation of the Platform throughout the legislative year is structured to proactively frame sponsorship, support, and advocacy regarding key legislative and regulatory priorities while also monitoring numerous bills. Actions are taken through collaboration with subject matter experts in departments, engagement of elected-officials and other interested parties.
State and Federal Legislative Contacts
County Legislative Advocacy Contracts
Letters Regarding County Position on State and Federal Legislation
- SB 443 (Hertzberg) EMS Dispatch Services - Oppose 6.22.22
- AB 1608 County Officers: Consolidation of Offices - Oppose 6.23.22
- SB 1464 Law Enforcement: Public Health Orders – Oppose 4.15.22
- SB 871 Minors: Public Health Immunizations - Oppose 3.4.22
- SCR-5 - State of Emergency: COVID-19: termination - Support 3.10.22
- AB 1599 Proposition 47 repeal - Support 3.4.22