Placer County’s Legislative Platform is a summary of the priorities of the Board of Supervisors and establishes the basis for its advocacy efforts with the Executive and Legislative branches of the U.S. Government and the State of California regarding legislation and regulation.
The annual Platform contains general principles, key issues, and specific proposals of interest for the legislative year. Implementation of the Platform throughout the legislative year is structured to proactively frame sponsorship, support, and advocacy regarding key legislative and regulatory priorities while also monitoring numerous bills. Actions are taken through collaboration with subject matter experts in departments, engagement of elected-officials and other interested parties.
State and Federal Legislative Contacts
Placer County Tracked Legislation
Letters Regarding County Position on State and Federal Legislation
- AB 1304 - Support - Weights and Measures Inspect Fees 5.16.23
- AB 595 - Oppose - Animal Shelters 72-hour public notice euthanasia study as amended April 12, 2023 5.9.23
- AB 297 - Support - Wildfires Local Assistance Grant Program Advance Payments 4.10.23
- S 612 - Extension of the Lake Tahoe Restoration Act - Support 04.06.23
- AB 1168 - EMS Prehospital EMS (as amended March 16, 2023) - Oppose 04.03.23
- AB 742 - Law Enforcement - Police Canines - Oppose 04.03.23
- SB 706 Public Contracts Progressive Design Build Local Agencies - Support 04.03.23
- AB 1668 - Alcoholic Beverages Licenses County of Placer - Support 03.21.23
- HR 1586 - Forest Protection and Wildland Firefighter Safety Act of 2023 - Support 03.17.23
- SB 350 - Regional Transportation plans SACOG - Support 03.08.23
- SB 400 - Local Agency design-build projects authorization - Support 03.08.23
*Disclaimer. Positions stated in tracked legislation report is not reflective of Placer County legislative position. Please see "Letters Regarding County Position on State and Federal Legislation" for official positions.