Placer County’s Floodplain Management Program, administered through the Department of Public Works, is:
- A community effort of corrective and preventive measures for reducing flood damage to properties
- Intended to protect public health and safety, reduce damage to buildings and contents, prevent increases in flood damage from new construction, reduce the risk of erosion damage and protect natural and beneficial floodplain functions
- Administered in accordance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s policies
- An opportunity for homeowners, renters, and business owners in our community to purchase federally-backed flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program. By implementing floodplain management activities, residents of Placer County’s unincorporated areas qualify for a flood insurance premium rate reductions
I’m Looking for Information On
- Floodplain Mapping
- Flood Insurance
- Elevation Certificate Form
- Elevation Certificates and Letter of Map Amendments on file at County
- How to Prepare for a Flood Event
- Construction Requirements
- Local Drainage Concerns
3091 County Center Drive
Auburn, CA 95603
3091 County Center Drive Suite 220 Auburn CA 95603
HoursMonday through Friday8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note the Auburn
building hours are:
M-T-Th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wed. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed on Fridays
Please call 530-745-7503 for assistance outside of these hours.