Flood Zones

Information regarding Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA) flood zone determinations in unincorporated areas is available from Placer County Public Works. 

Alternatively, if you wish to look up this information yourself, you can access flood zone maps through the FEMA Map Service Center. You do not need an account to get flood zone information, just type in your address under “Product Search.” On the next page, follow the “View” button to get the flood map of the area. 

Additionally, structures located in the SFHA may have an Elevation Certificate completed if it was built after a SFHA designation. This information is also available at Placer County Public Works or Building Department.

Unincorporated Placer County Properties

If you are not sure if your property is located in a FEMA designated Special Flood Hazard Area (100 year floodplain), you may request a written determination. You may complete the Flood Zone Information Request Form (PDF) and submit it to the Floodplain Manager, as instructed on the form, or contact us at 530-745-7503.

Incorporated City & Town Properties

Flood Zone determination inquiries within the incorporated cities of Placer County need to be directed to those individual jurisdictions, or you must look up the information yourself using the FEMA Map Service Center . Placer County does not provide this service for incorporated areas. For your convenience, listed below are links to the cities’ websites: