Welcome to the Human Resources Department of Placer County. We provide high quality human resource services to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a skilled workforce within a supportive environment. We are also responsible for maintaining the County's Classification/Compensation System, administration of employee benefits programs, Workers' Compensation program, and employee development and labor relations in a way that promotes fairness and equality for all County employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we have dedicated employees who provide a variety of services that serve a diverse and vibrant County including:
- Administrative support
- Community services
- Municipal services
- Public health
- Public safety and protection
A Great Place to Work
What makes Placer County a great place to work? The following are just some of the great features of the county:
- Commitment to diversity
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Great work environment
- Life and work balance for our employees
- Opportunities to develop skills and grow within the organization
- Placer County Visitors Bureau
By taking a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the following information, you will be better informed about the job application, recruitment, selection, and hiring process with Placer County.
- I currently work for another public agency. Is there a way I can transfer to Placer County?
- My contact information has changed. How do I let you know?
- Can I change the departments I want my name to go to?
- What am I required to report when asked about any prior convictions?
- Does Placer County use any Temporary Employment Agencies?
- How long will my name stay on the Eligible List?
- What is a Substitute List and when is it used?
- How is Extra Help employment different than permanent employment?
- I’m going on vacation/military service/leave for a period of time and won’t be available to interview. How does that affect my standing on the list?
- I don’t want to participate in the recruitment any more. How do I get removed from the list?