Road Maintenance DIVISION
What we do:
- Repair and maintain over 1,000 centerline miles of roadways within unincorporated Placer County from Pleasant Grove to Tahoe
- Provides roadside tree and vegetation hazard control and emergency roadway hazard response
- Repair and maintain 125 bridges throughout Placer County
- Maintain roadway signs, striping, and traffic signals
- Remove snow in eastern Placer County, from the snow line east to North Lake Tahoe (generally including over 310 centerline miles).
- The Road Maintenance Division has personnel located throughout the County at seven corporation yards.
- Corporation yards are located in:
- Granite Bay
- Tahoe (Burton Creek and Cabin Creek)
Let Us Know
Is My Road County Maintained?
Not all roads are maintained by Placer County Road Maintenance. Private roads, State highways, and streets & roads within incorporated city limits are not county maintained
Contact Placer County Road Maintenance to inquire about the status of your roadway.
Minor work in and around county maintained roads requires an encroachment permit.
Americans with Disabilities Act Services
Access Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on County Roads Information.