Burn Days

Chipper Program

The Placer Resource Conservation District has a chipper program that can help reduce large burn piles to small biodegradable chips.

When Can I Burn

Burning is allowed only on a permissive burn day and in those areas of Placer County that allow burning. 

  • For the greater Auburn area (within 12 miles, including cell phones) call 530-889-6868.
  • All other areas of Placer County (landlines only) call 800-998-2876 (BURN) toll free.
  • The Air District has established a policy in making some holidays during the burn season no burn days.
  • On days when fire danger is increased, the Air District works closely with local fire officials to include their information in the burn day message. For more information, contact the Placer County Air Pollution Control District at 530-745-2330.

What Can Be Burned

Only dry vegetation can be burned.