Employee & Labor Relations
The Labor Relations Manager represents the CEO during negotiations. The manager is the primary point of contact regarding wages, hours, terms, and conditions of employment. Placer County has two bargaining units. They are Placer Public Employees Organization (PPEO) represented by Local 39 and Placer County Deputy Sheriff’s Association (PCDSA).
The manager also does the following:
- Negotiates labor agreements with recognized employee organizations PPEO/Local 39, Deputy Sheriff’s Association (DSA) and In Home Support Services (IHSS)
- Resolves contract disputes
- Negotiates policy changes and side-table agreements
- Provides guidance and policy advice to County management, CEO, and Board of Supervisors (BOS) regarding labor relations issues
Memorandums of Understanding
Memorandums of Understanding are the negotiated labor agreements between Placer County and the Bargaining Units.
Deputy Sheriff Association - DSA
Placer Public Employee Organization - PPEO
- PPEO MOU (PDF)
- PPEO Side Letter Agreement - September 2017 (PDF)
- PPEO Side Letter Agreement Public Safety Dispatcher - February 2019 (PDF)
- PPEO Side Letter Agreement Salary Range B After full Workday Implementation (PDF)
- PPEO Side Letter Agreement Fourteen Day Work Period - February 2019 (PDF)
- PPEO Side Letter Agreement Tahoe Branch Assignment Premium - September 2019 (PDF)
- PPEO Side Letter Agreement Correctional Officers On-Duty Fitness Program - November 2019 (PDF)
- PPEO Amended Side Letter Agreement Longevity Pay - April 2021 (PDF)
Placer County strives to establish and maintain harmonious and cooperative relationships between the County and its employees. Therefore, an orderly grievance procedure has been established for the settlement of differences. This keeps the channels of communication open, free from interference, restraint, coercion or reprisal. This procedure applies to all employees of the County.