Real Property Records
The Recorder's Office records documents affecting title on real property located in Placer County. Documents for recording may be presented over the counter or by mail. The recording window is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Documents that are accepted for recording during those hours are recorded the same day. Documents that are accepted after the recording counter has closed are recorded the following workday.
After a document has been recorded, a scanned image of it is made. The recorded documents are also used to create a daily grantor/grantee index. This index is cross-referenced by document type, document number and the names of the parties involved. The index and the scanned images of the original documents are available for use by the public for research or to have copies made in the office only. Scanned images are not available online.
Online Real Estate Records
How to Order Official Record Copies
Copies of recorded documents can be purchased at the Recorder’s Office from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for legal holidays.
- Non-certified copies are $2 for the first page and $1 for each additional page.
- Certified copies are $4 for the first page and $1 for each additional page.
- Copies may be faxed or emailed for a fee of $4.25.
Copies of official records may be purchased through the mail. All copy requests must have a daytime phone number, an address to mail the copy to, and a check or money order for payment. A self-addressed stamped legal sized envelope will help speed delivery.
A request for a copy should include the type of document, the parties named on the document, and the recording reference number. A search of our online index will enable you to provide the necessary recording reference number.
Copy requests should be mailed to:
Placer County Recorder-Clerk
2954 Richardson Drive
Auburn, CA 95603
Official records may be ordered over the phone with a credit card. To order by phone call 530-886-5610. For an additional charge, telephone orders can be sent via express courier or emailed.
- Checks - The Recorder's Office does accept personal checks. All checks must have the account holder's name, address, phone number, account number and check number pre-printed on them. Checks should be made payable to Placer County Recorder.
- Credit Cards - Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted. All credit card orders are assessed an additional fee.
- Money Orders - Money orders should be made payable to Placer County Recorder.