- Departments A - D
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I order a copy of a vital record from another county or state?
- I was adopted. How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
- How do I correct information on a vital record?
- How do I legally change my name? How do I add a parent to a birth record?
- How do I obtain a certified copy of a vital record for the Lake Tahoe area?
- How do I obtain copies of my naturalization papers?
- How do I obtain copies of my divorce papers of file for divorce?
- How do I find the Recorder's Office?
- What types of documents can be recorded?
- How do I record a document?
- How much does it cost to record a document?
- Will the Recorder’s Office help me prepare my document?
- What happens to my document after it is recorded?
- What is Documentary Transfer Tax? When is it paid?
- How do I find out what has been recorded for a certain property?
- How do I find out how much a certain property sold for?
- How do I find out if a lien has been filed against my property? How do I get it removed?