Placer County Law Library
The Placer County Law Library offers a substantial collection of legal print and on-line resources. Knowledgeable staff are available to point you in the right direction (though legal advice cannot be dispensed). The Library is open to all members of the public.
Legal Self-Help Clinic
Every Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon and 1p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Legal Services of Northern California (LSNC) and Placer County Superior Court sponsor a Legal Self-Help Clinic which offers procedural assistance with legal forms in Civil, Landlord/Tenant, Small Claims and Family Law. Open to all members of the public. This service is by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call the LSNC Receptionist at (530) 823-7560 between 9:30-12:00 and 1:15-4:00 on Monday-Thursday. Press O to immediately to reach the Receptionist.
Legal Information Reference Center
The Legal Information Reference Center is a self-help law resource that contains more than 225 full-text Nolo Press publications and thousands of legal forms. The password is the county in which you reside.
The Law Library has 4 computers for public use and Wi-Fi throughout the building.
The Law Library has both Microsoft Word and WordPerfect for word processing. Documents are best saved on a USB flash drive.
Westlaw, Lexis, CEB OnLaw, PACER, Dissomaster Suite and Essential Forms can be accessed from the public computers or from a laptop in the Law Library.
The library provides free public access to the following specialized legal resources for use in the library only.
Over 130 of CEB's core practice guides and publications. Areas of coverage include:
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Law
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Real Property
- Workers' Compensation
Fully searchable PDF image-based database. Law Journal Library, U.S. Supreme Court Library, U.S. Federal Legislative History Library and Treaties and Agreements Library.
California Enhanced Subscription includes:
- 9th Circuit and District Court cases
- Ability to email documents directly from program
- Ballentine and Sterling California Corporation Laws
- California agency decisions
- California cases
- California Code of Regulations
- California Codes
- California Contract Litigation
- California Intellectual Property Handbook
- California Legal Forms Transaction Guide
- Practice Under the California Corporate Security Laws
- U.S. Code. Can retrieve (but not search for) out-of-state cases by citation. California Forms of Pleading and Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court cases
- 18 Rutter practice guides
- Barclay's California Code of Regulations
- California cases (2nd, 3rd, 4th) and slip opinions
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Supreme Court Reporter
- United States Code Annotated
- West's Annotated California Codes
- West's California Digest
- Witkin combined
- Chairs and Tables
- VCR Player
- White Board