Book & Release
Process When a Youth Is Arrested & Taken to Juvenile Detention Facility
- Crime is reported to law enforcement.
- Law enforcement will conduct an investigation.
- Youth is physically detained and searched.
- Youth is detained at the Placer County Juvenile Detention Facility.
- Youth can be released to a parent/guardian on a Promise to Appear for a future court hearing, or may be detained in custody pending a Detention Hearing.
Detention Requirements at Booking
The Intake Office will make a decision to detain or release based on the following:
- Youth is beyond the parents’ control.
- Youth does not have the necessities of life or the home is unfit.
- Youth is likely to flee the Courts jurisdiction.
- Youth has violated an order of the Court. For the protection of the youth or person and/or property of another.
- Youth has a warrant.
Considerations by Probation at Booking
- Active Juvenile Probation
- Past criminal arrest record
- Seriousness of the crime
- Wants/Warrants from other states or counties
Parents Responsibilities at Release
- Parents/legal guardians must have government issued photo identification to pick up a youth when released.
- If the youth is released with a Promise to Appear, parents/legal guardians will be notified of the court date and time.
Juvenile Detention Facility Booking Process
All youth are:
- Given an opportunity to call a parent/guardian, employer, and attorney
- Issued clothing, bedding and hygiene products
- Medically screened
- Searched for contraband
Juvenile Detention Facility Security
The Juvenile Detention Facility provides a safe and secure detention for Youth. Juveniles in custody can be there for a number of reasons:
- Are a danger to themselves, their family, or the community
- Awaiting placement
- Pending court
- Serving a commitment