Programs & Services
Anger Management / Conflict & Violence Resolution Prevention
- Teaching Pro-Social Skills.
- Weekly classes are for youths ages 12-17.
- Classes focus on improving social skills, moral reasoning, anger management, and reducing aggressive behavior.
Health Education / Hygiene Program
Class is offered once a week to discuss:
- Dental hygiene
- Disease prevention
- Hair care
- Healthy eating
- Mental health
- Personal Hygiene
- Skin care
Substance Abuse Programs
Adolescent Recovery Program (ARP)
Classes discuss topics such as:
- Becoming honest
- Developing a plan against relapse
- Facts about drugs and addiction
- Family relationships
- Learning to trust
- Successful relationships
Alcoholics & Narcotics Anonymous
Classes discuss shared life stories with successful members from the programs and youths receive resources within the community.
Placer County Office of Education Program
Classes are offered year-round, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Youths are assessed for Individual Educational Plans to account for special needs, if necessary.
Secure Youth Treatment Program (SYTP)
To learn more about SYTP, please see the following document:
Basic necessities are provided to youth at the Juvenile Detention Facility including:
- Hygiene products
- Medical care/Mental Health
Non-denominational services and religious support is available to all youth. Services are offered weekly on a voluntarily basis.
- Youths are offered access to:
- Board games
- Opportunity to participate in physical activities
- Reading materials from the library
- Writing instruments