Placer Re-Entry Program (PREP)
The Placer Re-Entry Program (PREP) Center is a program available to men and women residing in Placer County. The objective of the PREP Center is to provide clients with one-on-one and group-level services to assist with their successful transition into the community.
The PREP Center provides both in-custody and out-of-custody programs tailored to the specific needs of the individual client. All clients receive risk, needs, educational and employment assessments leading to the development of an Individualized Service Planning (ISP). Each client is assigned a dedicated case manager who works with the client to develop solutions and assist with re-entry into the community.
The case manager, together with the client, develops a unique course of study designed to increase success and decrease the likelihood of returning to prison or jail. Clients are expected to maintain 80% overall attendance in required courses, submit to random drug screenings, and be compliant with probation terms and conditions.
Per-Apprenticeship Training Program
If accepted, clients will be able to participate in a per-apprenticeship training program in construction and construction-related fields through the Northern California Construction Training program. With over 20 unique skills taught, clients will be prepared to enter the workforce in the growing construction trade industry.
PREP Center Courses
- 52 Weeks Batterer’s Program (Also offered in custody)
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Education (Also offered in custody)
- Anger Management (Also offered in custody)
- Cognitive Behavior Education
- Courage to Change (Also offered in custody)
- Money Management
- Parenting (Also offered in custody)
- Thinking for a Change
- Basic Literacy (ELA and Math)
- Computer Literacy
- GED Preparation and Testing
- Assistance with Creating Business Cards
- Interview Skills
- Job Search Assistance
- Northern California Construction Training (pre-apprenticeship job training program)
- Placer Works Employment Education
- Referrals for employment services
- Resume Assistance
- Assistance with Identification (CA ID/SSN)
- Assistance with obtaining medical care
- Benefit screenings and workshops
- Transportation Assistance (Free Bus passes and Shuttle transportation)