Children's System of Care
- Children's System of Care
- Support Our Youth
- Mental Health, Alcohol & Drug Advisory Board Mission
If you require medical attention, law enforcement or there is a threat of suicide, call 911 immediately.
To meet the special needs of children and youth who may be at risk, and their families, Placer County has organized an integrated team offering comprehensive services. Staff from the following areas comprises the team:
- Alternative Education
- Child Welfare
- Children's Mental Health
- Public Health
- Substance Abuse Services
Eligibility for Services
Eligibility for Placer Children's mental health services includes full scope Medi-Cal beneficiaries, and County Medical Services Program (CMSP) beneficiaries with low or no share of cost. Those who do not meet these eligibility criteria are assessed on an individual basis regarding their need for services.
For questions please call Family and Children's Services at 916-872-6549 or toll free 866-293-1940.
- 24-hour response for minors at risk of abuse or neglect
- Adoptions and Foster Home placement and licensing
- Behavioral and Mental Health Services
- Child Welfare services
- Educational Assistance and Information for System-Involved and At Promise Youth - Placer County Office of Education
If you feel you have been discriminated against, click hereServices Available for information on how to file a discrimination grievance.
What Placer Residents Can Do to Support Our Youth
- Be involved in the lives of youth, express compassion and caring for the many challenges they and their families face.
- Provide emotional support to the adult care givers that you are in contact with whether they are parents, grandparents or concerned neighbors as they in turn offer support to the youths in their lives.
- Consider getting involved in the Placer County Mental Health Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board or supporting one or more of the numerous community non-profit organizations providing services to the youth and families of Placer County such as:
- Kids First: 530-887-3536 or 916-774-6802
- Lincoln Lighthouse: 916-645-3300
- North Tahoe Family Resource Center: 530-546-0952
Mental Health Alcohol & Drug Advisory Board Mission
The mission of the Placer County Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board is to:
- Advise the Board of Supervisors on issues relevant to the mental health services that are provided to the priority populations of the County
- Assist in establishing measurable client and system outcomes
- Promote citizen and consumer participation in planning, providing and evaluating the mental health systems of care
- Review and make recommendations to the annual performance contract
Email the board for more information.
To report public assistance fraud, including IHSS fraud, please call 800-889-7610 or 916-784-6180 or send an email to the Welfare Fraud Office.