- Departments E - L
- Health & Human Services
- Children's System of Care
- Child Welfare Services & Foster Care Services
Child Welfare Services & Foster Care Services
- Making a Child Abuse Report
- Family Finding / Destination Families
- Independent Living Services & Transition Aged Support
For the General Public
- Call the Children’s System of Care/Family and Children’s Services at 916-872-6549 or toll free at 866-293-1940 to make a report if you have knowledge of, or suspect a child is being abused or neglected.
- Please have as much information available regarding the child and family; such as names, addresses, and ages, to ensure that Child Protective Services staff may respond to the family’s needs quickly and accurately.
For Mandated Reporters
If you are a mandated reporter you must call 916-872-6549 or toll free at 866-293-1940 to initiate your report.
Additionally, you must also send a written report within 36 hours of the telephonic report.
Access the State of California’s suspected child abuse report form (PDF) (this form may only be printed and manually filled out). Review the instructions (PDF).
Submit the Suspected Child Abuse Report in one of the following ways:
- Email to Placer County (Review the following specific directions)
- Fax: 916-784-6400
Family and Children’s Services
1000 Sunset Boulevard
Rocklin, CA 95765
Electronically Fill Out & Email Form Instructions
- Open the form (PDF) and save it to your hard drive, complete the form and save it.
- For form versions in other languages, please click here and select from the provided list.
- To submit completed form, email Placer County.
- Should you choose to send your report via email, to address confidentiality you must include the following language in your email:
- Confidentiality Notice: This communication contains legally privileged and confidential information sent solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are not authorized to use it in any manner, except to immediately destroy it and notify the sender.
- Please call 916-872-6549 or toll free at 866-293-1940 if you have any questions regarding the reporting of child abuse.
- Intake staff are available 24 hours a day to speak with you.
As part of its core mission, Children's System of Care conducts focused efforts to place any and all youth into the most permanent form of care possible. Much of this effort involves active search and recruitment of extended kin. Court partners are supportive of these efforts which generally lead to much more stable and de-stigmatized long term care.
Some older youth are able to actively participate in their own search and placement activities. In these cases, minors are provided a notebook with all of the family information available, and together with caring staff, on line, social searches are conducted.
The Children’s System of care provides every single eligible foster youth with Independent Living skills training opportunities to assist in the transition to a successful, independent adulthood.
A host of county partners provide a network of services and support. They include:
- Independent Living Program (ILP)
Contact: Michelle Graf at (916) 784-6437 or [email protected]
- Whole Person Learning
- Youth Empowerment Support Yes! Program
The role of the Ombudsman is to investigate and attempt to resolve complaints, on behalf of foster children, related to their care, placement or services. Please visit the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) website for more information.
For more information on Foster Youth Rights, please visit the California Foster Care Ombudsperson page, and/or download the Foster Youth Bill of Rights here Version OptionsChild Welfare Services & Foster Care ServicesHeadline.