Counseling & Education Programs
The Placer County Probation Department provides several hands-on programs aimed at assisting probationers with a seamless transition into the community.
Northern California Construction Training (NCCT)
Northern California Construction Training, Inc (NCCT) is a building trade’s pre-apprenticeship program. Our primary goal is preparation and placement into the various construction apprenticeships. They provide tools, as well as remedial education and GED preparation if necessary.
Placer County PREP Center
(916) 543-7453 or [email protected]
The Placer County PREP Center is a program available to men and women residing in Placer County. The objective of the PREP Center is to provide clients with one-on-one and group-level services to assist with their successful transition into the community.
The PREP Center provides both in custody and out of custody programs tailored to the specific needs of the individual client. All clients receive risk, needs, educational and employment assessments leading to the development of an Individualized Service Planning (ISP). Each client is assigned a dedicated case manager who works with the client to develop solutions and assist with re-entry into the community.
PREP Program Menu:
- Life Skills: Courage to Change, Parenting Classes, Money Management, Anger Management, Personal Life Plan
- Education: High School Diploma/Equivalency, Computer Education, Community Colleges, Vocational Programs
- Individualized Tutoring, Basic Literacy
- Employment: Golden Sierra, Job Development/Job Search, NCCT, Caltrans, Advanced Job Readiness
- Substance Abuse Programming: Helping Men/Women Recover, Cognitive Behavioral Intervention, Relapse Prevention, Sober Living Referral and Funding, On-Site Substance Abuse Testing, Referral to Individual Counseling
- Other Programs: 52-Week BTP, 12-Step Support Meetings, Child Support Workshops, Benefit Screening, Theft Education, PC 1000
The Placer Re-Entry Program has contributed to the success of many clients through individualized service plans and continuous support and accountability. Read more about the programs and services offered at PREP:
- PREP Annual Report 2017-2018
- PREP BOS Presentation