Human Services

Emergency Rental Assistance is now available for eligible Placer County renters!

  • Placer County has launched Rent Help Placer – an Emergency Rental Assistance Program funded by the U.S. Treasury which is supported with $12 million in funding. 
  • Additional funds may be made available at a later date.
  • Program enables eligible low-income renters most impacted by COVID-19 to have housing security, which will be crucial to an equitable Placer County recovery.

How to Apply

  • All information about the program, including eligibility, required paperwork, and the application can be found at or by calling 211 Placer at 2-1-1 (or 833-342-5211). 
  • Applications will be accepted through April 30, 2021.


or call 211 

By dialing 2-1-1 or calling 1-833-342-5211


Options to Access Services

Your safety and the safety of our staff are important to us. All of our office locations are open to the public however, most of your needs can be met online or by phone. We appreciate your help to keep us all safe. 

  • You do not have to come into our office to apply for benefits. 
  • You can turn in your verifications online or in the drop boxes located in the front of our buildings 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. 
  • In-person assistance is available Monday through Friday if you are unable to use phone or online options.
  • Due to the public health emergency declaration on COVID-19/Coronavirus our offices are offering drop-in service Monday thru Friday from 1pm to 5pm

For more information on Placer County’s response to the COVID-19/Coronavirus please see the following page

To apply for benefits you may submit an application:

To get general benefit information, ask case questions, or speak to an Eligibility Specialist, you may call our Call Center at: 


You may also use this number to:

  • Request forms
  • Request a new BIC or EBT card
  • Get benefit information or a status update on your case
  • Request an application for benefits
  • Add someone to your case
  • Change your address
  • Help with your Mybenefits Calwin account

Human Services provides a variety of programs to help Placer County families and individuals have a better future through access to healthy nutrition, healthcare, affordable housing, and training and temporary assistance when times are difficult. We are dedicated to ensuring a better and healthy quality of life for the residents of Placer County. We strive to provide the highest quality of public service to meet the needs of Placer County families and single adults, veterans, seniors and persons with disabilities.

Healthcare Coverage

Covered California WebsiteHelps pay for health and medical care for children and families, seniors, and adults with disabilities. Find information about healthcare by going to Covered CA, California’s healthcare marketplace.

The Affordable Care Act provides affordable medical coverage to adults. Medi-Cal provides medical, dental, vision and mental health care to eligible individuals and families at little or no cost. Medical Care Services Program (MCSP) provides medical services to adults that are not eligible to services through Medi-Cal or Medicare Expansion.

Food & Nutrition Assistance

CalFresh - Food Stamps - formerly known as Food Stamps, provides monthly food benefits to assist low income households in purchasing the food they need. If you are finding it difficult to afford the nutritious food that you and your family needs, the CalFresh program may be able to help.

Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC) - WIC operates under the Public Health Division and is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for women, infants, and children. 

Are you receiving Unemployment Insurance Benefits?

Here's a link to information about how to access your UI benefit payment information. UIB Guide for CalFresh.

Temporary Cash Assistance

CalWORKs and Employment Services, provides time-limited cash aid and employment services that promote self-sufficiency for families with children. Employment Services can assist you in finding work through the Business Advantage Network. Receive daily job leads and information on job fairs and recruiting events. 

General Relief provides time-limited cash aid for those who do not have dependent children. You must apply in person at a Human Services office.

Housing Assistance

The Housing Choice Voucher Program, formerly known as the Section 8 Voucher Program, provides rental assistance to help low income families, persons with disabilities, and seniors live in affordable, safe, and decent housing.

  1. Funeral Assistance Announced by FEMA- Starting April 2021

    Families who lost loved ones to Covid-19 can now get help with funeral expenses from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Read on...
  2. CalFresh benefits can now be used to purchase groceries online!

    Low-income individuals and households can use a CalFresh EBT card to buy food at retail food outlets, grocery stores, farmers markets, and some restaurants. Read on...
  3. Alert - EBT scam

    There is an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) scam to steal your benefits! Read on...
View All