Food & Nutrition Assistance

Placer County offers two supplemental nutrition programs.


The CalFresh Program, federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and formerly known as Food Stamps, can add to your food budget to put healthy and nutritious food on the table. The program issues monthly benefits on a “debit card” that can be used to buy most foods at many markets and food stores. The CalFresh Program helps to improve the health and well-being of qualified households and individuals by providing them a means to meet their nutritional needs.

Women, Infants & Children

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) operates under the Public Health division and is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for women, infants, and children. WIC helps families by providing:

  • Help finding healthcare and other community services
  • Nutrition education
  • Vouchers to buy healthy supplemental foods from WIC-authorized vendors

Participants must meet income guidelines and be pregnant women, new mothers, infants or children under age five.