CalWORKs & Employment Services


Due to the public health emergency declaration on COVID-19/Coronavirus our offices are offering limited services to the public. Our offices are open for regular business hours.  

For the safety of our customers and employees all inquiries, questions, and applications should be made via, or through our call center by dialing 1-888-385-5160, or via mail at P.O. Box 20400, Auburn CA 95604

For more information on Placer County’s response to the COVID-19/Coronavirus please see the following page

The Golden State Grant Program will be providing one time payments to CalWORKs assistance units. More information is available at the following link

About CalWORKs

If you are an adult with dependent children, you may be eligible for California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids, or CalWORKs. CalWORKs provides:

  • Child care, work expense assistance, transportation, and counseling
  • Education, employment and training programs through Employment Services
  • Families with children financial assistance to meet their basic needs
  • Support for families moving toward self-sufficiency

If you are eligible for CalWORKs you will automatically qualify for Medi-Cal and may also qualify for CalFresh. Unless you are exempt, you will be referred to the Employment Services program for assistance gaining employment. Placer County Employment Services (formerly Welfare to Work) can assist you in finding work through the Business Advantage Network:

Employment Services Monthly Activity Report Form

If you are currently receiving CalWORKs and are working with Employment Services, you may complete and submit your Monthly Activity Report electronically. 

  1. Where to Apply
  2. Job Connections
  3. Finding a Job
  4. Hiring Incentive
  5. Program Policies
  6. Employment Services Advantages
  7. FAQs

You can apply for CalWORKs in several convenient ways. When applying online, by mail, or by phone, you may still be required to come to our office for an in-person interview.


My Benefits CalWIN

By Mail

Access the 5-page application (PDF) and return the completed application to Placer County, by mail:
P.O. Box 20400
Auburn, CA 95604

By Phone

  • 1-888-385-5160
  • 916-784-6000
  • 530-889-7610

In Person