Get a Library Card
Applications for a free Placer County Library card are available at all library locations or you can begin the application process online! For your convenience, you may download an application from this webpage, complete it at home, and bring it into any Placer County Library location along with your photo identification and proof of mailing address. If you begin your application using our online registration option, you must complete the application process in-person within 30 days to receive your card.
A library card gives you the power to:
- Access your library account online-to place holds, renew, and review your account.
- Borrow books, DVDs, audiobooks and music CDs from all Placer County Library locations.
- Access digital research and homework help, consumer information, and more.
- Place holds on materials of your choosing and have items delivered to your nearest library location.
- Borrow books from library systems outside of Placer County
- Access special services like Zip Books
- Access Library computers (Internet and Microsoft Office programs)
Support your library! Signing up for a card is a vote for library services.
Application & Instructions
Apply Online (All Ages)
Downloadable applications for Adults and Teens (Ages 14 and up)
Downloadable applications for Children (Ages 0 to 13)
- Fill out the application online and print, or print it and fill it out by hand. Be sure to sign it.
- If you are 18 or over, you will need to present photo identification and proof of mailing address along with your completed application
- If you have no proof of mailing address, you may obtain an eCard (with your completed application and photo identification).
An eCard allows you to use the public computers and databases. eCard does not allow you to check items out of the library.
- Children's library card applications need to be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Acceptable Identification Types
- Current California identification card
- Current Driver’s License (California or out of state)
- Matricula Consular
- Military identification
- Prison identification
- Resident Alien Card
- Tribal identification (Native American)