Inspection Appointments Simplified
Beginning Sept. 7, the inspection schedule will be published by 5:00 p.m. on the business day prior to the inspection date. Click for more information
Placer County has implemented a Video Inspection Program to provide an alternative for eligible inspections, including limited re-inspections.
We’re open online
We are open to customers via our award-winning online portal – eServices – which provides a variety of functions available 24/7.
Our eServices website allows citizens to submit commercial and residential development project permit applications online.
Placer County Conservation Program (PCCP)
The implementation date for the Placer County Board of Supervisors approved conservation program is June 1, 2021. For information regarding this program, please click here Version OptionsBuilding ServicesHeadline Placer County Conservation Program Placer County Conservation Program Placer County Conservation Program (PCCP Placer County Conservation Program (PCCP).
Public Counter Services
- In-Person and Virtual Appointments: Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Drop-in availability: Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Counter will be closed on Fridays
- Virtual Appointments: Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- In-Person and drop in availability Tuesday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to noon
- Counter will be closed on Fridays
You can schedule an appointment through our eServices online appointments feature. If you are having problems with the online appointment feature, please call (530) 745-3001 for the Auburn office and (530) 581-6200 for the Tahoe Office and we can assist you.
Please note that our eServices digital suite continues to be available to keep your projects moving where you can submit applications for residential and commercial development projects. You can also look up zoning requirements, apply for permits and more from the comfort of your home or business. Anywhere, anytime, online.
At this time building inspections may be scheduled using the normal processes - https://www.placer.ca.gov/2220/Inspections.
What We Do
We review plans and inspect construction in the unincorporated areas of Placer County to verify that work complies with building codes for safe and habitable structures.
"Helping the community build safe and sustainable dreams through high quality customer service, certainty, engagement, and transparently adaptable standards."
mPOWER is a program providing financing for residential and non-residential property owners to make energy efficiency improvements.
- Are building services available with the COVID-19 closures?
- Are building inspections available with the COVID-19 closures?
- What should I do if my permit has expired?
- What should I do if my permit is going to expire and I cannot complete the project before it will expire?
- What should I do if my first extension is going to expire and I cannot complete the project?
- What should I do if my second extension is going to expire?
- Do I need to apply for a Minor Use Permit to continue the use of the temporary dwelling when extending my building permit?
- Do I need a permit for a storage shed or small building?
- What are the minimum residential stairway requirements?
- Is a permit required to replace a deck?
- Does the County require engineering when replacing composition roof covering with tile?
- Are there pressure testing requirements for Polyethylene, Iron, or Copper water distribution systems?
- What are the driveway construction requirements?
- How do I determine setback requirements?
- How do you locate leach lines for septic systems?
- What can be installed in an easement?
- What are the minimum depth requirement for sewer, gas, water, and electrical lines/conduits?
- Can water, sewer, gas, or electrical be placed in the same trench?
- How do you abandon a septic system?
- How do I check my plan review status?
- How do I know what time my inspection will be?
- What qualifies as an agricultural building?
- Who can provide the requirements for a secondary residence/guest house/in-law quarters?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- Where do I find the requirements for swimming pool fencing/enclosures?
- What are the plan checking turn-around (time to complete review) standards?
- When can I talk to a Plan Checker or Building Inspector?