- Departments E - L
- About Us
- Rules of Conduct
Rules of Conduct
PLACER COUNTY LIBRARY
RULES OF CONDUCT
The people of Placer County support the Placer County Library and expect it to be clean, comfortable, and safe. The Placer County Library Advisory Board is responsible for establishing Rules of Conduct.
The following are examples of conduct not allowed on Library property:
- Failure to comply with a reasonable staff request.
- Any activity that violates Federal, State, or local laws
- Engaging in behaviors or activities that are disruptive to the use of the Library by other customers.
- Harassing or verbally or physically threatening other customers, volunteers, or staff, including stalking, staring, lurking, or offensive touching.
- Trespassing in non-public areas or being in the Library before or after public hours without the permission of an authorized Library employee.
- Running, pushing, shoving, or throwing things.
- Disruptive noises, such as loud talking or electronic devices without earphones that disturb others. Examples: music players or cell phones.
- Using restrooms for bathing or laundry.
- Bringing animals into the Library, except for service animals for people with disabilities, or animals for Library-sponsored programs.
- Entering the Library barefoot, without a shirt, or being otherwise dressed so as to be disruptive to the Library environment.
- Offensive odor or personal hygiene that is objectionable to other Library customers or to Library staff.
- Consuming food or beverages in public areas of the Library not authorized by the Library Advisory Board.
- Moving Library furniture from where it is placed by Library staff.
- Sleeping or lying down in the Library.
- Neglecting to supervise children or failing to pick up children when the Library closes to the public. Children under 9 must be supervised by a person 14 years of age or older.
- Storing possessions, such as backpacks, in a way that creates a hazard to others.
- Violating the Library’s Internet Usage Policy
- The making of copies may be subject to copyright laws. Title 17 U.S. code § 108.
Failure to Comply
Failure to comply with the County’s or the Library’s rules and policies may result in termination of Library privileges and exclusion from the Library for a period of one day to one year, or an arrest or prosecution.
Adopted by the Placer County Library Advisory Board, July 16, 2008.
Revised and Adopted by the Placer County Library Advisory Board, January 21, 2015
Download a copy of this policy here Version OptionsRules of ConductHeadline