Property Tax Division
The Property Tax Division prepares the levy for all taxable properties in the County. To create this, we administer the tax rates for voter approved debt, multiply these rates times the assessed values and add any direct charges sent to us by taxing entities. This levy is used to create the tax bills mailed by the Tax Collector. The Division also distributes those taxes to cities, schools, special districts, and the County and processes corrections to the levies.
- Assessed Values by Tax Rate Area (TRA)
- Assessed Values by Taxing Entity
- Assessed Values by TRA within Taxing Entity
List of Direct Charges
Tax Rate Schedule
Maturity Dates for Voter Approved General Obligation Bonds
1% Property Tax Rate Allocation to Taxing Entities (AB8)
This schedule shows the 1% property tax allocation, as well as the adjustments for ERAF and redevelopment, by taxing entity.
AB8 Tax Increment by Taxing Entity within TRA Pre-ERAF
This schedule shows the calculation of the 1% property tax allocation (base revenue, increment and increment percentage) by taxing entity within TRA, Pre-ERAF/Pre-RDA.
AB8 Tax Increment by Taxing Entity within TRA Post-ERAF
This schedule shows the calculation of the 1% property tax allocation (base revenue, increment and increment percentage) by taxing entity within TRA, adjusted for ERAF.
Tax Collector Questions
If you have questions about any of the following, please contact the Tax Collector’s Office at 530-889-4120.
- How can payments be made?
- How much do I owe?
- I lost or did not receive my tax bill, what do I do?
- If I don’t agree with a certain direct charge, can I exclude it from my payment?
- Is there a program to help people who need help in paying their property taxes?
- What are the penalties for delinquent payments?
- How do I pay property tax payments?
- Is there tax on defaulted land sales?
- What is tax redemption and installments plans?
- Who do I talk to regarding a lien?
If you have questions about any of the following, please contact the Assessor’s Office at 530-889-4300.
- What are assessed values?
- What are supplemental valuations due to ownership changes and/or new construction?
- How do I get property value exemptions such as homeowner's or veteran's?
- What are parent/child or grandparents/grandchildren transfers?
- Can I have more information on possessory Interest?
- Who can I contact to have my property value re-evaluated?
- Why did my value increase when my neighbors’ decreased?
- Why have I received a notice of change in assessed valuation?
- Why have I received a notice of supplemental assessment?
- How can I estimate my supplemental taxes?
- What is a lien date?
- Who do I contact to change my name and/or address?
- Can I carry over my value if moved from another county?
- What is Proposition 19?
- How do I apply for a Proposition 19 base year value transfer, Parent-Child and Grandparent-Grandchild Exclusion?