Frequently Asked Questions


Due to the public health emergency declaration on COVID-19/Coronavirus our offices are offering limited services to the public. Our offices are open for regular business hours. 

For the safety of our customers and employees all inquiries, questions, and applications should be made via, or through our call center by dialing 1-888-385-5160, or via mail at P.O. Box 20400, Auburn CA 95604

For more information on Placer County’s response to the COVID-19/Coronavirus please see the following page

The information on this page is for reference only. Speak to a staff person for the most up-to-date information.

Reporting Fraud

To report public assistance fraud, including IHSS fraud, please call 916-784-6180, or send an email to the welfare fraud office.

Civil Rights

Discrimination Complaints 

You have the right to receive the same services, consideration, and equal treatment given to all other applicants or customers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, disability, marital status, ethnic group identification, sexual orientation, or any other factor.  

If you have applied for benefits or services or are currently receiving benefits or services from Placer County Health and Human Services and you feel that you have been discriminated against, you may file a Civil Rights complaint by contacting the Civil Rights Coordinator. You can submit your complaint in writing, by phone, or by email.

Reasonable Accommodations

Placer County is committed to ensuring equal and meaningful access for individuals with disabilities to state and federally funded public assistance and social service programs, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. County Welfare Departments (CWDs) have a responsibility to ensure that people with disabilities are not excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of the CWD’s programs, services, or activities, or otherwise subject to discrimination. This includes the obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and effective communication through auxiliary aids and services. 

Reasonable accommodation requests may be made in person, by telephone, or in writing by the applicant/recipient or another individual acting on their behalf (this person does not have to be an authorized representative).

You may view the Placer County policy here.

To request Reasonable Accommodations please complete the form here.

 For more information, please visit

  1. CalFresh
  2. CalWorks
  3. General Relief
  4. Housing
  5. Medical Care Services Program
  6. Medi-Cal
  7. Women, Infants, Children (WIC)