Committees & Commissions
There are nearly two hundred committees and commissions involved in Placer County business. These committees or commissions may have members appointed by the Placer County District 5 Supervisor or by other Placer County officials; or Placer County officials may sit on them or serve as staff. The committees and commissions provide information to or collect information from county residents and other interested parties, or other governmental agencies. They make decisions, or provide advice and assistance to the Board or to other county decision-making bodies, county officials, or staff.
The Board of Supervisors is expected to approve the updated 2019 Board and Commission Assignments at its May 14, 2019 meeting. It is anticipated that Supervisor Cindy Gustafson will serve on the following committees and commissions, however there may be some changes. Please check back for updated information.
- Air Pollution Control District
- American River Authority
- Auburn Dam Council
- Economic Development Board
- Middle Fork Project Finance Authority (Alternate Member)
- National Association of Counties (NACO) (Alternate Member)
- National Association of Counties-Western Interstate Region (Alternate Member)
- Placer County Indian Gaming Local Community Benefit Committee
- Rural County Representatives of Placer County (RCRC) (Alternate Member)
- Solid Waste Independent Hearing Panel
- Tahoe Air Basin (PDF)
- Tahoe Conservancy (Alternate Member)
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA)
- Tahoe Transportation District
- Tribal County Advisory Committee
- Veterans Memorial Hall Board (Foresthill/Colfax/Auburn)
Various committees and commission may have vacancies. For more information on how you can serve, view the Committees and Commissions listing.