Placer County Sheriff's Office provides fingerprint registration via Livescan technology which submits your digitally scanned fingerprints directly to the California Department of Justice. To schedule an appointment, please call the appropriate office listed below. If you have any questions regarding Live Scan, you may read more from the California Department of Justice (PDF).
Please note the following for Livescan service:
- Have a completed Live Scan form which is provided by the requesting agency/ employer etc.
- Your hands should be clean, dry and free of any lotions and/or oils.
- Placer County Sheriff’s Office charges a Rolling fee of $20 in addition to DOJ, FBI, and permit fees which vary depending on the level of clearance your employer/agency is requesting.
Location & Hours
2929 Richardson Drive
Auburn, CA 95603
Office Phone (non-911): 530-889-7800
- By appointment only: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Tahoe City Substation
2501 N Lake Boulevard
P.O. Box 1710
Tahoe City, CA 96145
Office Phone (non-911): 530-581-6301
- By appointment only: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
South Placer Substation
6140 Horseshoe Bar Road
Loomis, CA 95650
Office Phone (non-911): 916-652-2400
- By appointment only: Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.