Placer County In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Payroll is dedicated to helping IHSS Providers that need assistance with a variety of payroll related issues. IHSS Payroll can aid Providers that have time sheet issues, payroll-related questions, and employment verifications. While we aspire to be a liaison for all IHSS Providers if there is an issue that can’t be resolved at County level we will refer Providers to the appropriate agency.
- All Videos for the Electronic Services Portal (ESP)
- ESP Website Overview
- ESP Recipient Registration
- ESP Provider Registration
- What is EVV, ESP and TTS
- Telephone Timesheet System (TTS): Timesheet Entry for Providers
- Telephone Timesheet System (TTS): How Recipients Approve Timesheets
- ESP Provider User Guide - Complete guide for using the Electronic Service Portal
- EVV Webinar Schedule (EVV Training)
- EVV Location Check-In Check-Out ESP EVV Mobile App Overview
- EVV Location Check-in Check-Out TTS Overview
- EVV Location Services FAQ
- EVV Information and Training (English)
- EVV Information and Training (Spanish)
- Electronic Service Portal (ESP) Login
- EVV/ESP Website Provider/Recipient Registration Process
- How to sign-up for Telephonic Timesheet System (TTS) and Approve for Recipients after January 1, 2020
- How to sign-up for TTS for Providers (BEGINS JANUARY 2020 FOR PLACER COUNTY IHSS)
- Decimals to Minutes Conversion Table
- Direct Deposit & Sick Time through ESP
- Direct Deposit - Mandatory for IHSS Providers by July 1, 2022
- Direct Deposit (Spanish) - Mandatory for IHSS Providers by July 1, 2022
- Direct Deposit Information
Verification of Employment
- Access your paystubs directly online within the ESP portal - look for the Download Pay Stub button next time you login.
- Have you recently applied to get a loan or need your employment/income verified? Please have the third-party requestor, fax over the request, PLUS a release form signed by you to the fax number: 530-886-3690. Please note: This information can only be released directly back to the third-party requestor.
- Please email [email protected] to request wage summaries that can be directly sent to the provider. May be limited to one request per quarter, per provider, depending on season.
PLEASE NOTE: Allow 5 business days to process any income/employment request. They are processed in the order that they are received.
- When submitting income requests please make sure your name fully matches what we have in our system, we are unable to process requests that have any name differences. We request you include your provider number on any request forms. Please check your paystub for this information.
- Altered forms or names that don't match signatures will not be processed. Please resubmit all documents in a new form with all matching information. The time for processing will not start until all information received has been correctly submitted to match our system.
- These requirements protect providers and their financial information.
Tax Questions & Forms
- W-4 FAQS
- How do I fill out a W-4 for IHSS
- 2024 W-4 (printable version)
- 2024 DE-4 (printable version)
- 2024 DE-4 (fillable version)
- Where do I mail in my W-4 for IHSS? Tax Questions Tax Questions Tax Questions Tax Questions Tax Questions & Forms Tax Questions & Forms
- What is a Live-in Self Certification SOC 2298?
- Download a SOC 2298
- Download a Change of Address form SOC 840
- What is the difference between a W-4 and SOC 2298?
- Additional Tips on filling out W-4
- ESP EVV 2021 Update for Live-In Providers (state notice and information packet)
2023 W-2 Information:
The state will mail out the year-end tax document W-2 2023, by 1/31/2024. If you have not received your W-2 from 2023, and need one, please contact Payroll to confirm your address and 2023 W-2 status. If you have moved, then we do require a change of address to be completed. You must complete this change of address BEFORE any duplicate W-2 requests can be processed. Please visit the Electronic Services Portal to submit an electronic change of address, or complete a paper Change of Address: SOC 840 form and return to the IHSS office for processing.
Providers with an Electronic Service Portal (ESP) account will be able to download their 2023 W-2 from their ESP account. On the ESP, the provider will log-in to their account and be able to select the year (2023), see a list of recipients they worked for, and download a PDF version of the 2023 W-2, which they can save or print at their convenience. In order to expedite access to 2023 W-2s, ESP Providers should utilize the new download feature and avoid submitting the paper version of the W-2 duplicate reprint forms.
Please note: County IHSS offices will not be able to request duplicate W-2s from the state until after 2/29/24, which will then require additional processing and mail time. The fastest way to get a replacement W-2 is in the ESP after March 5th. If you are unable to access your W-2 in the ESP contact Payroll to submit a paper request.
Beginning July 1, 2018 the new IHSS Paid Sick Leave Program is available for current, active IHSS program providers.
- Sick Leave - Step by Step on ESP
- Sample Sick Leave Pay Stub (PDF)
- Sick Leave Claim Form (PDF)
- Sick Leave Information Mailer for Providers (PDF) (Form mailed to providers June 2018)
Maximum Weekly Hours
Overtime is limited if your weekly hours are 40 or less:
If the Maximum Weekly Authorized hours is 40 or less then a provider can work up to 40 hours in any workweek (Sunday to Saturday) without the need to ask for an exception. Never claim more than the consumers total Monthly Authorized Hours in any month. No overtime will be paid on cases authorized 40 hours per week or less unless an exception is requested.
Overtime is limited if your weekly hours are more than 40:
Overtime starts after 40 hours per workweek.
If this overtime number is more than zero, then the consumer does not need to request an exception for a provider to be paid this number of overtime hours and you can adjust which week(s) within the month you work these overtime hours without the need to ask the county for an exception. Any time a provider would need to work more than this total number of pre-authorized overtime hours in a month your consumer must ask for an exception.
If an exception is needed but not requested and approved then the provider will get a violation. Remember that if a provider works for more than one consumer the provider may never work more than 66 hours per workweek in total from all the consumers the provider works for. Never claim more than the total monthly authorized hours on a case.
Please review the mailed notices to understand exception requests and violations. Generally an exception will be approved if it is for something that directly affects the health or safety of the consumer and it is something unexpected that can't be postponed until later. Repeated violations can result in penalties up to and including termination of the provider for one year.
Q: How do I mark which hours are Overtime hours on my timesheet?
A: You DO NOT mark them. You write regular hours and overtime hours the same way on your timesheet. The timesheets are arranged in workweek blocks (Sunday to Saturday). Whenever the total number of hours you enter in one of those workweek blocks adds up to more than 40 hours then all the hours more than 40 are automatically paid as overtime hours. The computer will add them and calculate how many are overtime hours. If you work for more than one consumer all the hours for all the consumers you work for in each workweek block are added together to see how many hours over 40 you may have worked. Overtime is paid at one and one-half times your normal hourly wage rate for all hours above 40 per workweek.
Q: How do I know how many weekly hours I have?
A: An IHSS consumer has been approved for the number of monthly hours that is printed on the first timesheet you get each month and on the NOA (Notice of Action Page 1) that was sent to the consumer when they were approved for the services. To determine weekly hours use the calculator on this page. Providers are mailed a SOC 2271 which states the number of hours per month on case, along with tasks approved on case. All providers and consumers will be mailed notices that include the monthly and weekly authorized hours for each case. To determine weekly hours, divide the monthly hours by four (4), for four weeks in the month. Please remember to make special note of five (5) week work months, and split workweeks* when calculating your weekly workweek maximums.
Q: What is a split workweek*?
A: A split workweek is when two pay periods are in the same workweek. For example: A workweek begins in Sunday the 15th, and ends on Saturday the 21st. This workweek will be on two different timesheets. The 1-15th timesheet and the 16th to 30th timesheet. It is important to mark down the hours claimed on the 15th for this month, because that amount will be added to the 16-21st on the second timesheet. Remember to total the entire workweek hours from both timesheets, which must not exceed 66 hours for providers with more than one Recipient.
If you are a Provider and only have one Recipient, then your maximum workweek can not exceed the maximum weekly hours allowed on that one case.
PLEASE NOTE: Maximum weekly hours can never exceed 70:45 (70 hours 45 min.), for any reason, for any provider that only has one case.
Still Have Questions?
Contact the ESP Help Desk toll free at 866-376-7066 during normal business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays. For additional assistance contact Payroll Assistance at 530-889-7135 or by email.
IHSS Payroll Locations
Use this address for employment related requests:
11512 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
Use this address to make payments or mail in tax forms:
101 Cirby Hills Drive
Roseville, CA 95678
TIP: When mailing in forms, please ALWAYS mail to the address on the form. The state processes most payroll forms, so mailing them to our payroll office may cause delays. If you are unsure where you should mail an item of have questions, feel free to email us.
Adult Crisis & Intake 24 Hour Phone Line: 916-787-8860 or 1-888-886-5401
Adult System of Care - RosevillePhysical Address
101 Cirby Hills Drive
Roseville, CA 95678
Phone 916-787-8800Fax 916-872-6521
Adult System of Care - AuburnPhysical Address
11512 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
Amy Ellis, MFTAdult System of Care Division Director