- Departments M - Z
- Sheriff's Office
- Concealed Weapon Permits
- Modify or Renew Permit
Modify or Renew Permit
To modify, renew or to obtain a duplicate Carry Concealed Weapons (CCW) License, please read the steps below and complete the appropriate Application Form. Once completed, your permit will be mailed to you.
If you are a current CCW license holder in good standing you may renew your CCW license online. Please note the following:
You must be within 30 days of your license renewal date.
- If your CCW license is expired more than 120 days you must apply for a new license.
- You must submit proof of completion of a 4-hour CCW renewal course provided by an instructor from our approved list. Proof of completion must be dated within 90 days of your application to be valid.
- Proof of qualification must be submitted for each weapon.
- On the Renewal application you must enter all firearms you want to appear on your CCW license.
- There is a $77 charge to renew a CCW license.
- Renew your license online.
A current CCW license holder must modify their existing license for any of the following reasons:
- Add, Drop, or Change a Weapon
- Proof of qualification must be submitted for any new weapon. All qualifications must be with an instructor from our approved list and dated within 90 days of application to be valid.
- On the Modification application you must enter all firearms you want to appear on your CCW license.
- Change of Address
You have 10 days after you move to modify your CCWlicense with your new address.
- Proof of new address is required and must be submitted. You need to provide two copies of “proof of residency” documents.
- Provide a copy of your valid California driver’s license with your new address updated in the Department of Motor Vehicles system.
- Legally Changed Your Name
- Provide a copy of your valid California driver’s license with your new name change.
On the Modification application you must enter all firearms you want to appear on your CCW license. There is a $10 charge for a CCW License modification.
Obtain a Duplicate
A current CCW license holder may obtain a duplicate license if their CCW has been lost or damaged. If you are within 30 days of expiration, please apply for a Renewal CCW license. There is a $10 charge for a duplicate CCW License
For further information regarding renewing, modifying or obtaining a duplicate CCW license, you may contact the CCW Unit at 530-889-6929.