Civil Division

Sheriff's Public Sales

No active public sales at this time

Civil File Status Portal

In an effort for the Placer County Sheriff’s Office Civil Division to better serve our community, we are providing our customers with the option to check the details of their civil files online. Use the Civil File Status Portal to find the following information. 

  • Look up existing Civil File Status using the Court Case Number and Levying Officer File Number to view:
    • Involved parties and court information
    • Basic case information and current status
    • Writ details, amounts and interest rates
    • Sheriff's fees and deposits information
    • Collection information and dates
    • Service details, including dates and current status
    • Levy payments and disbursement information
  • Review the Civil Process Services/Levy requirements

Services / Fees

Fee list of the most common services the Civil Division offers:

  • Auto Levy actual cost - $2000 deposit required
  • Bank levies/3rd party levies - $40 per garnishment
  • Bench Warrant fee - $50 or $140
  • Claim of Plaintiff/Defendant - $40 per person/entity
  • Eviction - $145
  • Real property levies actual cost - $2000 deposit required
  • Restraining Orders (Civil Harassment) - $40 unless fee waived by court
  • Restraining Orders (Domestic Violence) - Free
  • Summons and Complaint - $40 per person/entity
  • Wage garnishments - $35
  • Writ of attachment-real property - $200

Fees for service are due at the time our office receives the service request. In all cases where a Writ is issued, our office requires either the original Writ, or an Electronic Writ with an Electronic Writ Declaration attached (see below for electronic writ declaration). For personal service we require one copy of the documents (front and back) to be served. Please submit an additional copy of the documents if sub-service is allowed. All service requests must come with an original letter of instruction signed by the Attorney of Record or the petitioner/plaintiff if there is no Attorney of Record.

For all other service, please call our office at phone Number 530-889-7885. When calling our office with inquires on Civil files have the Levying officer file Number ready so that we can properly identify the file. The Civil Division is not allowed to provide legal advice. Please refer to the Legal Resource link on the right side of this page for further assistance. 

Supporting Documents