Sheriff's Public Sales
Notices of sales to be posted here
**Civil File Status Coming Soon**
In an effort for the Placer County Sheriff’s Office Civil Division to better serve our community, we will soon be providing our customers with the option to check their file status online. The “Check Status of Your Service” Portal will contain basic file information to include service details on all files, and account balances / money collection on levy files. Customers will soon have their file information at their fingertips, available to them 24/7. Stay tuned for an updated notice of our GO-Live date.
Services / Fees
Fee list of the most common services the Civil Division offers:
- Auto Levy actual cost - $2000 deposit required
- Bank levies/3rd party levies - $40 per garnishment
- Bench Warrant fee - $50 or $140
- Claim of Plaintiff/Defendant - $40 per person/entity
- Eviction - $145
- Real property levies actual cost - $2000 deposit required
- Restraining Orders (Civil Harassment) - $40 unless fee waived by court
- Restraining Orders (Domestic Violence) - Free
- Summons and Complaint - $40 per person/entity
- Wage garnishments - $35
- Writ of attachment-real property - $200
Fees for service are due at the time our office receives the service request. In all cases where a Writ is issued, our office requires either the original Writ, or an Electronic Writ with an Electronic Writ Declaration attached (see below for electronic writ declaration). For personal service we require one copy of the documents (front and back) to be served. Please submit an additional copy of the documents if sub-service is allowed. All service requests must come with an original letter of instruction signed by the Attorney of Record or the petitioner/plaintiff if there is no Attorney of Record.
For all other service, please call our office at phone Number 530-889-7885. When calling our office with inquires on Civil files have the Levying officer file Number ready so that we can properly identify the file. The Civil Division is not allowed to provide legal advice. Please refer to the Legal Resource link on the right side of this page for further assistance.