Sheriff's Public Sales
**Civil File Status Coming Soon**
In an effort for the Placer County Sheriff’s Office Civil Unit to better serve our community, we will soon be providing our customers with the option to check their file status online. The “Check Status of Your Service” Portal will contain basic file information to include service details on all files, and account balances / money collection on levy files. Customers will soon have their file information at their fingertips, available to them 24/7. Stay tuned for an updated notice of our GO-Live date.
- Bank Levies
- Civil Bench Warrants
- Small Claims
- Summons Complaints
- Wage Garnishments
- Legal Advice Resource List
For all other service, please call our office at phone Number 530-889-7885. When calling our office with inquires on Civil files have the Levying officer file Number ready so that we can properly identify the file.
Advanced fees are required. We require the original Writ of Execution (front and back) in all cases that a writ is needed. For personal services we require 3 copies of the documents (front and back) to be served. All service requests must come with an original letter of instruction signed by the Attorney of Record or the petitioner/plaintiff if there is no Attorney of Record.
Fee list of the most common services the Civil Division offers:
- Auto Levy actual cost - $2000 deposit required
- Bank levies/3rd party levies - $40 per garnishment
- Bench Warrant fee - $50 or $140
- Claim of Plaintiff/Defendant - $40 per person/entity
- Eviction - $145
- Real property levies actual cost - $2000 deposit required
- Restraining Orders (Civil Harassment) - $40 unless fee waived by court
- Restraining Orders (Domestic Violence) - Free
- Summons and Complaint - $40 per person/entity
- Wage garnishments - $35
- Writ of attachment-real property - $200