Placer County Corrections has taken early and decisive action with regard to protecting its inmates, employees and facility visitors from the COVID-19. The COVID-19 situation is rapidly changing. In conjunction with Placer County Public Health Officials and Corrections’ medical provider, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and updating the procedures as needed. Steps that are in place include:
• Screening procedures with regard to incoming inmates prior to entering a Placer County Corrections facility. This includes medical evaluation of all incoming inmates prior to entering a Corrections facility. If an incoming inmate does not meet with medical guidelines for acceptance, the inmate will be denied admittance and routed by the arresting agency to a hospital for medical clearance.
• Internal procedures in place through Corrections’ medical provider to respond to an outbreak within the current inmate population, should one occur. For example, there are negative pressure cells in each facility that can be used to quarantine inmates who are suspected to have COVID-19.
• Enhanced procedures with regard to inmate release, including Corrections’ medical provider performing temperature checks and advising released inmates to seek care from their doctor or Emergency Department should they feel any flu like signs or symptoms.
• Providing all inmates with information on preventative measures to keep them healthy. Inmates are encouraged to practice social distancing when possible; to wash hands on a regular basis; to cover their coughs and sneezes; to avoid touching their hands, faces or mouths; to only touch common areas (such as door handles and rails) when needed; to submit a medical request immediately if they feel any flu-like symptoms; to keep their immune systems strong and to regularly launder their clothing and bedding.
• Enhanced sanitation protocols in inmate common spaces and inmates have access to individual cleaning and sanitation supplies for their own cells if appropriate.
• Personal Protective Equipment are available for both staff and inmates, should they need it.
View the most recent booking and release report.
View the most recent In Custody Report.
Public Records Requests can be made by using our convenient online portal which can be reached HERE.