Jail & Video Visitation
Effective July 9, 2021, the walk-in visiting centers at the Auburn Jail and South Placer Jail will reopen. Normal operations as before COVID-19, except masks will be required, covering the nose and mouth. The (1) free 30-minute remote visit along with the (1) free phone call per week, will continue through July 12, 2021. Beginning July 13, 2021, the standard rates for all other video visits and phone calls will go into effect. Please refer to the information below for further visiting details.
For the safety of the public and our inmate population, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office Adult Correctional Facility in Roseville has suspended all contact visitation with inmates. Professional Contact visiting in Auburn will be approved on a case-by-case basis and must be agreed to by the inmate. When a contact visit is not approved or the inmate chooses to decline the contact visit, non-contact visiting will be offered. Attorneys may also wish to use the video visitation platform to conduct visits with their clients.
Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Visitors must have one of the following valid identifications:
- Driver’s License with photo
- Military identification with photo
- Passport with photo
- Immigration Card
- State Identification Card with photo
- NOTE: The above I.D.’s may be expired and still be valid. However, expired identification may not be more than two (2) years expired, and must be of the same likeness of the visitor.
- You cannot visit an inmate if any one of the following apply:
- You were in our custody within the past 120 days, including those booked and released on the same day. This rule does not apply to video visits.
- You have been convicted of a felony and served time in state prison. It is a felony to be on jail grounds without written consent from the commander (Penal Code 4571).
- You have a No Contact Restraining Order involving the inmate you wish to visit.
Loud, boisterous and rude language will not be tolerated during the visit.
No cells phones, computers, tablets, smartphones allowed in any visiting area.
- Personal visiting phones are monitored and recorded
- Visitors may be subject to search by sheriff’s personnel of their persons and immediate property while on the premises of the facility at any time
- Refusal to submit to search will prohibit or terminate visiting privileges
All visitors must pass through a walk through metal detector. Any visitor who exercises his or her option to refuse to comply with the required search procedures shall not be permitted to enter a correctional facility. Each visitor shall remove all metal items from clothing prior to passing through metal detector. This includes, but is not limited to, jewelry (e.g, watches, chains, medals, etc.) which is normally concealed and may register an alarm should be removed by visitor prior to passing through metal detector.
Visitors at all facilities Auburn, South Placer, Minimum Security and remote video visitation are limited to:
- Two adults and one minor child
- One adult and two minor children
- No more than three visitors per inmate, per visit
On-site & Remote Video Visitation
On-site and Remote Video Visitation is now available. To enroll for video visits and more information, go to: