Jail & Video Visitation
For the safety of the public and our inmate population, effective immediately and until further notice, the Placer County Sheriff’s Adult Correctional Facilities in Auburn and Roseville are suspending all contact visitation with inmates. The Auburn Jail visiting center will remain open as it is non-contact. Attorneys who wish to have a contact visit with a client must go through a screening process. Attorneys who are not eligible for contact visits will be offered a non-contact visiting room. Video visitation is still permitted at this time. Thank you for your patience.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Visitors must have one of the following valid identifications:
- Driver’s License with photo
- Military identification with photo
- Passport with photo
- Immigration Card
- State Identification Card with photo
- NOTE: The above I.D.’s may be expired and still be valid. However, expired identification may not be more than two (2) years expired, and must be of the same likeness of the visitor.
- You cannot visit an inmate if any one of the following apply:
- You were in our custody within the past 120 days, including those booked and released on the same day.
- You have been convicted of a felony and served time in state prison. It is a felony to be on jail grounds without written consent from the commander (Penal Code 4571).
- You have a No Contact Restraining Order involving the inmate you wish to visit.
Loud, boisterous and rude language will not be tolerated during the visit.
No cells phones, computers, tablets, smartphones allowed in any visiting area.
- Personal visiting phones are monitored and recorded
- Visitors may be subject to search by sheriff’s personnel of their persons and immediate property while on the premises of the facility at any time
- Refusal to submit to search will prohibit or terminate visiting privileges
All visitors must pass through a walk through metal detector. Any visitor who exercises his or her option to refuse to comply with the required search procedures shall not be permitted to enter a correctional facility. Each visitor shall remove all metal items from clothing prior to passing through metal detector. This includes, but is not limited to, jewelry (e.g, watches, chains, medals, etc.) which is normally concealed and may register an alarm should be removed by visitor prior to passing through metal detector.
Visitors at all facilities Auburn or South Placer Jail and Minimum Security are limited to:
- Two adults and one minor child
- One adult and two minor children
- No more than three visitors per inmate, per visit
On-site & Remote Video Visitation
On-site and Remote Video Visitation is now available. To enroll for video visits and more information, go to: