The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is allocated 571 positions by the Placer County Board of Supervisors. We currently have approximately 250 sworn peace officers, 130 correctional officers, and 165 civilian staff working.
All employees are held to the highest moral standards and are dedicated to our Agency’s Mission Statement and Code of Ethics. All staff members working in our Agency undergo an extensive Pre-Employment background investigation to determine moral character and suitability for working as a Placer County Sheriff’s employee.
Law Enforcement Officers hold a very notable and important role in today’s society; maintaining our safety, upholding State and Federal Law and maintaining order in our Corrections Facilities. Although civilian employees are less recognized for their contributions in law enforcement, they too hold important and necessary jobs assisting our Officers in ensuring that our county is a safe place to live, work and visit. Each civilian position is vital to the successful operation of this Agency. Click HERE Version OptionsCareer OpportunitiesHeadline for more information on Administrative Legal Clerks for the Corrections Support Team.
Current Open Recruitment
- Coroner Technician (closes 9/06/2022)
- Public Safety Dispatcher I (continuous)
- Public Safety Dispatcher II (continuous)
- Correctional Officer I (continuous)
- Correctional Officer II (continuous)
- Correctional Officer II - Laterals (continuous)
- Deputy Sheriff I (continuous)
- Deputy Sheriff II (continuous)
- Deputy Sheriff II - Laterals (continuous)