Housing Programs

The Adult System of Care manages two types of housing programs: transitional and permanent supportive housing. Both of these programs are designed to provide housing and supportive services to Placer County residents who have a diagnosed mental illness and/or other co-morbid disabilities.

  1. Transitional Housing
  2. Permanent Supportive Housing

Transitional Housing Program

Placer County Adult System of Care in collaboration with Advocates for Mentally Ill Housing, Inc. (AMIH) manage and support four transitional houses geared towards providing housing and supportive services to Placer County adult residents with a diagnosed mental illness. These houses are located in Auburn, Rocklin, and Roseville and they each house up to six residents.

The Transitional Housing Program is a sober and living program where residents receive case management to link them to services in the community. Residents are expected to participate in daily chores and engage in independent as well as group activities that promote living skills and self-sufficiency. For additional information on program qualifications, program fees, and availability, please call 530-889-7263.

Homeless Resource Helpline

A group of community providers in Placer County who offer shelter and housing for homeless individuals and families have partnered together to launch a new service to help coordinate their resources. Homeless individuals/families are Are you homeless? Need a roof over your head? Call 1-833-375-2237.asked to call the Homeless Resource Helpline at 833-375-2237 for a referral to Emergency Housing and/or to provide their information to get on a centralized housing list.

As housing dedicated to homeless individuals and families becomes available, participating community partners will draw from this list to contact those who may be eligible. The phone call does not guarantee housing. They should continue to reach out to other resources in the community.

If at any time their contact information changes, they should call back to get it updated. Learn more on the Homeless Resource Council of the Sierras webpage. View information on Placer County’s 2018 homeless point-in-time count.

Other Resources & Referrals

If you need assistance learning about housing resources in Placer County or want to learn about what services are available in Placer County and its community,  please call 530-889-7257.


  1. Transitional Housing

    For additional information on program qualifications, program fees, and availability, please call.

    Monday through Friday
    8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

    Excluding county holidays.

  2. Homeless Helpline

    Placer County residents who are homeless can call the Homeless Helpline (PDF) at 1-833-375-2237.