Departments Contact List
View the Placer County Staff Directory.
Emergencies & Crisis Situations
In a crisis, for at-risk children and/or adults in emergencies and crises situations, 24/7 response program is available. If your life is in danger or you need to report an emergency situation, call 911.
- Access Office Phone: 916-787-8860
- Adult Protective Services Phone: 916-787-8860
- Children's Protective Services Phone: 916-787-8860
- Mental Health Services/Crisis Intervention Phone: 916-787-8860
- Toll Free Phone: 888-886-5401
County Hotline Service During Non-Business Hours
- In Auburn Area: 530-889-4000
- Toll-free in Placer County outside Auburn Area: 800-488-4308
A county hotline is in place for people who want to report urgent but non-emergency activities after normal county business hours (after Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) . However, if you are calling to report an emergency, please dial 911 directly. During normal business hours, the caller may speak directly with a county representative.
With the hotline service, when county offices are closed, callers may select from a number of options to leave a message with a specific department for response or action, such as Animal Services or Public Works. For example, a critical call might be to report suspicious tree removal activity, suspicious grading, a complaint about a swimming pool, illegal dumping of trash, or a traffic signal that isn’t working properly.