Contact Placer County

Departments Contact List

View the Placer County Staff Directory.

Emergencies & Crisis Situations

In a crisis, for at-risk children and/or adults in emergencies and crises situations, 24/7 response program is available. If your life is in danger or you need to report an emergency situation, call 911.

  • Access Office Phone: 916-787-8860
  • Adult Protective Services Phone: 916-787-8860
  • Children's Protective Services Phone: 916-787-8860
  • Mental Health Services/Crisis Intervention Phone: 916-787-8860
  • Toll Free Phone: 888-886-5401

County Hotline Service During Non-Business Hours

  • In Auburn Area: 530-889-4000
  • Toll-free in Placer County outside Auburn Area: 800-488-4308

A county hotline is in place for people who want to report urgent but non-emergency activities after normal county business hours (after Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) . However, if you are calling to report an emergency, please dial 911 directly. During normal business hours, the caller may speak directly with a county representative.

With the hotline service, when county offices are closed, callers may select from a number of options to leave a message with a specific department for response or action, such as Animal Services or Public Works. For example, a critical call might be to report suspicious tree removal activity, suspicious grading, a complaint about a swimming pool, illegal dumping of trash, or a traffic signal that isn’t working properly.