Medical Marijuana Card ID
Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMICP)
The Placer County Department of Health and Human Services - Public Health accepts applications for Medical Marijuana Identification Cards from qualified patients and caregivers. For general information about the California Medical Marijuana Program, please refer to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) website MMICP.
To get more information about the application process for a Medical Marijuana Identification Card in Placer County please call
Required documentation includes:
- Physician’s recommendation
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Placer County residency
- $29.50 Medi Cal participants
Do the following before submitting your application:
- Written documentation of Patent's Medical Record, CDPH9044 (PDF) or CDPH9044 (Espanol) (PDF).
- Application/Renewal form, CDPH9042 (PDF) or CDPH9042 (Espanol) (PDF).
- A government-issued photo identification (i.e., California Driver's License, California State ID Card, United States Passport, or Veteran's Administration ID Card).
- Proof that you live in Placer County. (i.e., current utility bill, rent or mortgage payment receipt). A P.O. Box address is not acceptable for residency verification.
- Application fee of $59. The fee for qualified Medi-Cal participants is $29.50. Application fees are non-refundable. Payments can be made by cash, check, or credit/debit card (fees associated with card transactions).
- Current Medi-Cal card, if you are a Medi-Cal participant.
It can take up to 35 days to receive your Medical Marijuana Identification Card. To ensure delivery, we will contact you to pick-up your ID card when it is available.
The doctor's license is verified with the Medical Board of California or the Osteopathic Medical Board of California. The doctor's recommendation is verified with the doctor's office.