- Environmental Health’s public counter is currently closed.
- Our staff members will continue to work remotely during this time.
- We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented event.
- Our Auburn staff can be reached by phone at 530-745-2300, or by email at [email protected]
- Our Tahoe City staff can be reached by phone at 530-581-6240, or by email at [email protected]
- Visit the county’s coronavirus website for more information about COVID-19. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Your Health is Our Number One Priority
Take comfort in knowing that Environmental Health professionals are working in the background to protect your health. From the moment you wake up each day, our team is making sure that the areas where you and your family work, live and play are safe. Our specialists regularly monitor and inspect the below for health and safety standards:
- Restaurants, food trucks, grocery stores, convenience stores, caterers and food vendors at community events
- Public swimming pools, spas and body art facilities
- Landfills, transfer stations, and facilities storing waste tires
- Gas stations, vehicle repair shops and other commercial facilities that store and dispose of hazardous materials like oil, gasoline and diesel
- Water well installations
- Septic system installations
- Contaminated site clean ups
- Small public water suppliers
We also respond to and investigate incidents and complaints regarding:
- Chemical spills
- Food poisoning
- Illegal dumping
- Sewage spills
- Substandard housing
Environmental Health in Your Community
Click on the below video to learn more about how we protect the food you eat, water you drink, house you live in and so much more!