Your Health is Our Number One Priority
Take comfort in knowing that Environmental Health professionals are working in the background to protect your health. From the moment you wake up each day, our team is making sure that the areas where you and your family work, live and play are safe. Our specialists regularly monitor and inspect the below for health and safety standards:
- Restaurants, food trucks, grocery stores, convenience stores, caterers and food vendors at community events
- Public swimming pools, spas and body art facilities
- Landfills, transfer stations, and facilities storing waste tires
- Gas stations, vehicle repair shops and other commercial facilities that store and dispose of hazardous materials like oil, gasoline and diesel
- Water well installations
- Septic system installations
- Contaminated site clean ups
- Small public water suppliers
We also respond to and investigate incidents and complaints regarding:
- Chemical spills
- Food poisoning
- Illegal dumping
- Sewage spills
- Substandard housing
- Appointments are scheduled through the County’s eServices online appointments feature. Following an appointment request, customers will be contacted by staff with a meeting invitation and provided the option of either the virtual or in-person appointment. It is important to include your email address when making an appointment through our eServices online feature.
- For virtual appointments, please download the Microsoft Teams application on your laptop or PC. This download is also available for your cell phone using either Google Play Store or Apple App Store. If you need guidance on getting started with Microsoft Teams, refer to the Microsoft Teams video training videos, specifically those on how to Get started with Teams.
- Our public counters in Auburn and Tahoe City are closed on Fridays.
- Our Auburn staff members are available to assist you by phone at 530-745-2300, or by email at [email protected].
- Our Tahoe City staff members are available to assist you by phone at 530-581-6240, or by email at [email protected]. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>