Housing Complaints

We respond to complaints regarding hazardous conditions in rental properties, both residential and commercial. A complaint must be filed by the resident/tenant of the dwelling in order for Environmental Health to respond. The order in which complaints are processed is based on risk. First priority is given to those situations that involve imminent threats to public health and safety.

For housing complaints in the following cities, please contact the City code enforcement:

Environmental Health will respond to complaints in unincorporated areas of Placer County.

Filing a Complaint

When filing a complaint be sure to fill out the form completely. Please be as descriptive as possible in your complaint. Ensure the following items are included:

  • Assessors Parcel Number (find the APN)
  • Dwelling address
  • Email address
  • Name of tenant of record
  • Phone number
  • Proof of notification of Low Priority Items
  1. High Priority Items
  2. Low Priority Items
  3. All Other Items
  4. Mold Information
  5. Bed Bug Information

Those items that must be repaired within 48 to 72 hours of notification to the property management/landlord:

  • Lack of electricity
  • Lack of heat
  • Lack of potable (clean) water or hot water
  • Sewage backup into dwelling or released onto the ground

Before filing a complaint, individuals must first notify the property management/landlord and attempt to resolve the issue. If a resolution has not been reached within 48 to 72 hours, a complaint may be filed.