Permits, Forms & Fees


This notice is for both our Auburn and Tahoe City locations.
  • Environmental Health’s public counter is currently closed.Beginning June 8, front counter services will be available by appointment on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 
  • Our staff members will continue to work remotely during this time.
  • We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented event.
  • Our Auburn staff can be reached by phone at 530-745-2300, or by email at [email protected]
  • Our Tahoe City staff can be reached by phone at 530-581-6240, or by email at [email protected]
  • Visit the county’s coronavirus website for more information about COVID-19.

The following is a comprehensive list of permit application forms, plan check forms, self-inspection checklists, and various other forms. We offer online payments for all fees (PDF). When submitting your fee online, please fill out and mail in to our office a Fee Disclosure Form (PDF-fillable form).

  1. Food & Restaurants
  2. Tattoos & Body Art
  3. Public Pools & Spas
  4. Aboveground Storage Tanks
  5. Underground Storage Tanks
  6. Hazardous Waste Generator
  7. Monitoring Wells & Soil Borings
  8. Septic System Installation
  9. Structure Fire & Wildfire Debris Removal
  10. Water Wells (Domestic/Irrigation)

Food & Restaurant Documents