The Placer County Collections is where thousands of artifacts that chronicle several hundred years of life in the county are stored. The temperature and humidity-controlled storage facility is engineered to keep our history safe and intact.
- 11526 C Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
- If you have something that you think would help us tell the story of the county, call 530-889-7705
- Fax: 530-889-3356
- Email Kasia Woroniecka
- Open by appointment only
In addition to storing and caring for artifacts, we also actively collect items (PDF, 62 KB) that help tell the story of the county.
We have created new guidelines (PDF, 19 KB) to help us collect a sample of what is new, current, and innovative in Placer County.
The goal of contemporary collecting is to:
- Develop partnerships
- Improve the quality of museums collections
- Make collections more accessible and relevant to different types of visitors
- Reach out to people and represent their lives and stories
The materials collected must have relevance to:
- Local business or school activity
- Local individual or group
- Significant event or local project of importance that occurred in Placer County